For South support, customize the SOUTH_MIGRATION_MODULES

bobhaugen

May 23, 2014, 4:33:25 PM5/23/14
to south...@googlegroups.com
Getting a new error message installing a Django project that I have installed before many times without error.

easy_thumbnails-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/easy_thumbnails/migrations/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
    raise ImproperlyConfigured(SOUTH_ERROR_MESSAGE)
django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured:

For South support, customize the SOUTH_MIGRATION_MODULES setting like so:

    SOUTH_MIGRATION_MODULES = {
        'easy_thumbnails': 'easy_thumbnails.south_migrations',
    }

South version is 0.8.4.
Django version 1.4.13

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob Haugen

Andrew Godwin

May 23, 2014, 9:42:27 PM5/23/14
to south...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

This isn't a South problem, but the app you're using. I suggest you follow the instructions it says - i.e. set that setting - and talk to the authors if that doesn't work.

Andrew

Bob Haugen

May 23, 2014, 9:57:31 PM5/23/14
to south...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks, sorry to bother you. I expect easy_thumbnails changed
something in their latest release. Will check it out.