A new home in the neighborhood

bobwa...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2022, 7:26:19 PM4/25/22
to South Corvallis

Hello Southtown.

I am moving from CoHo in a month or two and looking for a new home. Why? Simply, the owner of this unit is returning after extended travels. I hope to stay in Southtown, to continue contributing to the life and spirit of the community.

I’m reaching out to you to ask if you know of

·       A house coming up for rent by a private owner, or an owner who would consider renting if they knew a trustworthy neighbor would tend their home with care.

·       A house-sharing arrangement or ADU

·       A short-term sublet or room rental for 2-3 months during this transition

·       A creative or out-of-the-box alternative.

It’s not news that rents are in a madcap spiral. I’ve already been upended by an applicant who offered $200 above the advertised rent, and an owner to leapt at the chance. Hopefully, the neighborhood network will turn up something a bit more, well…neighborly.

Briefly, I am semi-retired, working part-time for a foundation on community collaborations and nonprofit networks. I’m active in peace, justice and equality initiatives through the Quakers. Most Sundays I’m in Salem singing with a Willamette Valley chorus. I live with a Cat-named-LEO-who-thinks-he’s-a-dog. If you live near Crystal Lake and Alexander, you may already have met us while out walking. People would describe me as social, optimistic, willing, tidy, flexible, and maybe more emotive than the norm.  Still adapting to the culture here after living abroad for 30 years, which also explains why I have but a modicum of furniture and belongings. Downsizing already done. My references are strong, and it’s likely we know people in common.

Thank you for any leads, advice or referrals.

Friendly regards,

Bob Ward

541-908-7598 (please text after 8:00 pm)