Mill Race Tour

R. Weinsteiger

Sep 17, 2021, 2:06:55 PM9/17/21
to south-c...@googlegroups.com, David Eckert, Cindee Lolik

Hi All!  I am putting out some feelers regarding interest for a Mill Race Tour with Dave Eckert from the Sustainability Coalition.  As you might already know, the Mill Race that runs through South Corvallis (you walk, bike or drive over it between Lily Street and Tried & True) is a degraded urban waterway that most of us don't pay much attention to - until it floods and we can't ignore it; but -  it has the potential to be a valued natural place integral to our everyday neighborhood and community life.

Fortunately for us, the Sustainability Coalition is proposing the City of Corvallis and the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) consider and include a proposal in their long-range planning. The project, if enacted will:

  • Regenerate a degraded urban waterway,
  • Reduce dangerous flooding in the areas near 99W,
  • Improve transportation safety crossing 99W,
  • Safely connect neighborhoods bisected by 99W

You can learn more about the Mill Race here:

https://www.mrwc.org/2014/11/millrace-series-early-history/

https://www.millrace.icu/

https://sustainablecorvallis.org/2021/06/corvallis-greenway-proposal/

Take the ridiculously short interest survey here: https://forms.gle/UBgidyTLKHd6bsWi9