Fwd: Corvallis River Guardians: Thursday, November 17 | 9AM-12PM

Miriam Edell

Nov 15, 2022, 4:57:17 PM11/15/22
to South Corvallis

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michelle Emmons <mich...@willametteriverkeeper.org>
Date: November 15, 2022 at 12:19:50 PM PST
To: Michelle Emmons <mich...@willametteriverkeeper.org>
Subject: Corvallis River Guardians: Thursday, November 17 | 9AM-12PM

Greetings Corvallis River Guardians volunteers and concerned community members,

This Thursday at 9AM - Willamette Riverkeeper and Corvallis Parks are teaming up to help organize a clean up effort in the Marys Confluence area between Avery Park and the BMX Track areas by land. We will be meeting in front of the Corvallis Parks office at Avery Park for introductions, safety briefing and will break out into groups as the number of folks allows, to tackle the most impacted zones along the confluence we are able to access at this time, to remove trash and debris, and compile in bags (as possible) for City Parks to dispose properly. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me directly - I am always open for feedback!

TO REGISTER for THIS THURSDAY'S EVENT, CLICK HERE.

If you are receiving this email and have already registered to join this effort - THANK YOU - and consider this your reminder email. For those who have not yet signed up for this week's event - we hope you'll consider joining us this Thursday, or in the coming months, every third Thursday of the month in Corvallis, to help clean up our riverbanks, wetlands, and waterways.

As Corvallis is continuing to address this issue both from the ground level, and local policy decisions, Willamette Riverkeeper is dedicated to helping with these efforts by partnering with your community through volunteer stewardship and advocacy efforts locally, and statewide. Coming out to a cleanup event provides first-hand perspective, but there are many ways to get involved, and I welcome your interest to learn more - feel free to contact me directly for more information.

Thanks to all of you for your time, resource and efforts to protect and restore our Willamette River!