Won't you be our neighbors?

Karen Smith

Feb 19, 2023, 1:45:03 PM2/19/23
to South Corvallis
Greetings, South Corvallis Community!

Last year my husband got a job in Corvallis, and my family is so grateful that we were able to move back to town last June after living for 10 years in Hillsboro.

The one piece that hasn't come into place for us yet is our new home! We are looking to buy a home with a decent-sized yard in South Corvallis, but we haven't yet had it work out. A friend in this group suggested we put out our feelers here, so here I am!

Here's a little about us:
My husband is a mechanical engineer who works in South Corvallis. I homeschool our two kids and am addicted to volunteering and gardening. In our old yard, we removed most of the grass and put in all kinds of food plants and had Backyard Habitat gold certification through Portland Audubon. Our kids love gardening and playing outside, too. We are car free and love biking everywhere including all of the amazing natural spaces surrounding town.

We put a LOT of work and love into both our house and yard in Hillsboro, and it brought us great joy. (There's a couple photos at the bottom of our old front yard in different seasons!) It was incredibly difficult for us to leave our home behind even though we were excited to come back to Corvallis! We can't wait to have a new home and yard to enjoy and share with the wildlife.

We wished we could have sold our old home to someone we knew would appreciate it and keep building upon our work. Maybe you or someone you know will be selling this year and might feel the same way? Feel free to reach out to me!

Thank you for keeping us in mind, and we look forward to being your neighbors!
Karen Smith & Family

20220504_143212.jpgIMG_20210720_170841034_HDR.jpg