soundrts 1.3.6 include changes from 1.3.5.2

Sebastián Fernández

May 21, 2023, 2:58:38 PM5/21/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com, Sebastián fernández

Well, a small question.

Sorry to be late, but I notised that; exist the 1.3.5.2 version with awesome changes to modding, but after that is released the 1.3.6 stable version.

1.3.6 includes the changes from 1.3.5.2?

Do you plan to apply these awesome updates to 1.3.7?

I ask, because the modding guide from 1.3.5.2 includes some things that are absent from manual in 1.3.6

Thanks soo far for all!

SoundMUD

May 21, 2023, 3:15:28 PM5/21/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
It wasn't that good (I think) so I removed it to avoid complicating the code, but some features might eventually reappear at some point.

Sebastián Fernández

May 22, 2023, 3:09:57 AM5/22/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello Soundmud!

Well, after test both completed maps (td1 and td2) well… the result? Is awesome.

Really if you can, please work into refactor the internal code to add it to the code, because in terms of gameplay, it works fine. Really fine.

With a friend we played the td2 map, and. Well, we have to fix one small problem is that you set global_limmit_count to 1 for the hero, so after upgrade the first peasant and bot players have their respective hero, if one of them death, do not resurrect until the hero of other player deaths and well. You’ve to wait.

But increasing the limit to 4 (for 4 players) it works really fine! Maybe be too fast enabling speed4, the match are of 5 minutes aprox, but any of these things can be customized increasing the map size, increasing life of towers, more damage for minions, and so well.

The unique think that we don’t detect, are the time of the protection for the towers. Maybe a trigger that aren’t fully completed, but anyway.

It works very fine, without any lag for 2 players so 4 players can play withtout problem, and the most important, is funny. Very funny. DCompleting more class, and adding on the future more effects for stuning, poisson areas redusing armor, or ani thing that you create will be very awesome to create more fun content not just for mobas, so also fun rts special maps coul be create.

Like real heros with level like wc3, structures to destroy to get special resources, and so mutch more.

Really soundmud, don’t drop these work. Is really fun.

Thanks soo far for this update.

Its so awesome.

Bye

Sebastián Fernández

May 22, 2023, 3:21:56 AM5/22/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the double mail, but In the last message I forgot to add a small issue that we’ve detected playing on td2.

If you pick some items with the peasant, and after that you upgrade to the hero, the inventory is cleared. And obviously, these items aren’t drop again, so you can loose them for the rest of the match.

Is easy to test. Start the map, get the armor with the peasant, check that you get the raise undead skill, and after that upgrade to knight. The skill disappear from your skill list, and of course the buff is reset.

Any other important bug wasn’t discovered 😊

Thanks again so far for all.

Sebastián Fernández

May 23, 2023, 2:34:54 AM5/23/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello soundMud!

Two small questions.

  1. Are working the if conditions in a trigger?

Like these triggers that you’ve put for create footmen’s and archers in td2, depending if barracks or lumberjacks are still living or not.

I ask because when I destroyed the barracks and lumberjack of my opponent, their soldiers still appearing in time.

  1. What is the correct sintax to do a “and” conjunction in a trigger?

Like this:
trigger computer1 (not (has farm) not(has castle)) (team_defeat)

This is correct? Or wrong.

  1. ¿is possible add items to a monster? To give to him some bufs, and of course, can loot these items when it is destroyed.

  1. How works the damage_vs keyword against the bufs, bonus,and other things that affect the base damage?

If you apply a bonus / buf to the base damage these changes are calculated for the specific damage_vs?

And that. Just one more thing, is possible debug the current state of a game?

Because sometimes, the hero stops reviving magicaly. Maybe is other unit consuming its global_limmit_count slot, like a zombie or skeleton, but is hard to know what is the conflicting unit.

And… again, we have to repeat this. This update is awesome. Simply awesome, we have getting a lot of fun with a friend playing with this, and customizing the td2 map.

Thanks and sorry for be intense with that, but we love it.

SoundMUD

May 23, 2023, 3:51:19 PM5/23/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
1. Yes, the triggers in td1 and td2 are probably working. The rule in td2 is that if the barracks of the opponent are destroyed then YOUR waves of melee creeps will be stronger. It's like in DOTA, I think.
2. I couldn't find an example but if it works it is done like in LISP :
(and condition1 condition2)
Another example:
trigger computer1 (and (not (has farm)) (not(has castle))) (team_defeat)
3. Maybe it's possible. The hero can pickup an item and doesn't drop it if dead, but a monster should by default. Maybe try "inventory i_sword" in the dragon definition. I'm not sure. Check the modding doc which is somewhat updated too.
4. I'm not sure if damage_vs works well in this version.
5. To debug, maybe check the log. You might need to increase the count limits or add hero types if there are several players.

SoundMUD

May 23, 2023, 3:55:20 PM5/23/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
5. Be aware that the heroes will take more time to revive if their level is higher

Jamie Coady

May 23, 2023, 3:55:47 PM5/23/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hi where can I get this again?

Sent from Mail for Windows

SoundMUD

May 23, 2023, 3:59:07 PM5/23/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Here is a copy of the message:

For a MOBA you might be interested in this experimental version:

It contains 3 unfinished maps:

- td1: a tower defense map, one player

- td2: a mini MOBA map (one lane), 1v1 or more, only the knight is available as a hero

- td3: not working at all (would need the files from td2), a classic MOBA map with 3 lanes

Check also the included documentation (modding guide about buffs, items, ...).

Warnings:

- the user interface would need a lot of polishing to be convincing,

- the network code, OK for an RTS, isn't suited for a MOBA with 10 players, unless they are on the same local network.

Sebastián Fernández

May 24, 2023, 2:23:28 AM5/24/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello soundMud:

First of all, thanks for your answer. 😊

Some of these things we’ve recently tested it, and some works and other not.

  1. Can you use other triggers on if conditions additional of find? What is the difference between if( find) a un has?
  2. The and conjunction didn’t work. We tested the following syntax and didn’t work:
    trigger computer3 ( and ( timer 400 ) ( not ( has dragon ) ) ) ( add_units h3 big_dragon )

    but throws:
    map error: error: unknown: and (in "trigger computer3 ( and ( timer 400 ) ( not ( has dragon ) ) ) ( add_units h3 big_dragon )")

We want to achieve that a big-dragon appear after the dragons on h3 are destroyed. But those dragons didn’t appear at the start of the match, but after  some time, so they are added through a trigger.

So the big_dragon need both conditions; a time superior than the small-dragons, and of course that those small dragons are destroyed.

But it didn’t work. So a temporary fix, we created the dragon at timer cero, protect them for 80 seconds and just trigger the big_dragon using the not has conjunction.

  1. The inventory word at unit definition didn’t work to set to it some carried items. At the logs sais:

    2023-05-24 00:37:52,927 WARNING: in big_dragon: <class 'soundrts.worldunit.Soldier'> doesn't have any attribute called 'inventory'

    the idea was that the big_dragon carried a very good item, so to get it, you have to defeat the small dragons, then the big dragon, then pickup the droped item. Of course all of these before your enemy do that.

  1. I saw in styles.txt add, noise and delete parameter for items and bufs. For bufs it sounds when the buf is activated, during the effect and at the end? How works for items? At picup, drop and when they are in the ground?

  1. Exist a trigger action to add things like items or other things to the map? Current exist add_units, but exist other actions like add_item to a square, add_nort_bridge to square or something similar? Like add a path after destroy some monster or something magically like that 😊

  1. Its possible add to a ability a level requirement? Like a skill that you use after you get level 3. Not before? Additionally the classic requirements like buildings, units, upgrades, etc.

  1. Is possible detect with a trigger if a player X is present? For example, to detect if player 3 or player 4 are present, drop an additional sword and additional armor. For example.

And that for all. Really we are very happy with this update. We are implementing stupid, but funni things to td2. Maybe we try to activate td3 for have more fun play 😊

Again, thanks for do this 😊 its very fun.

SoundMUD

Jun 25, 2023, 7:29:24 AM6/25/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
This 1.3.5.2 experimental version was from a year ago and I don't have a working directory ready. Sorry for not giving accurate replies. But I am still interested in your experience with the user interface, for example, and what you could achieve.

The monster inventory initialization for looting is probably not working (I probably stopped at this point).

Sebastián Fernández

Jun 26, 2023, 9:51:57 PM6/26/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

O man! Don’t worry!

I’m a developer too, so I know  what is the thing here 😊

Just take all the questions like a issue report. If something have a answer, well, know it will be cool, but if these answers can not be given, Don’t worry, some things that could be implemented on the future.

About the UI, I’ve to be very honest. I don’t try nothing special during the gameplay, because I’m very familiar  with the soundrts commands.

The method to announce the current level of your hero its OK, and well for cast the skills I used the shortcut menu style (alt+a) from regular soundrts to cast it fastli. I didn’t tested the keys like q, w, e that are named on other places. I’ve just to check them again.

Maybe a small thing that could be added, is say the inventory of the selected unit. I can’t remember now, but exist a key to read the status of the selected unit. Maybe  for these kind of games, will be interesting that you could divide these information on various keys; hp, mana, inventory, etc. For soundrts, well just use one key (If im not wrong it is v) and if the player wants can assign these small information keys to other shortcuts; but these for a mova could be interesting like v, shift+v and other things.

And. Hmmm. I can remember for now something more special than these things; for me all other works well and is very fun.

Could be possible, for the far future add a special scripting system to create new skills?

For now, you are limited to modd the game using the skills that are available, but you could play one step more away if a system like that exist.

Obviously this is is a very crazy option for the future, is just a… well crazy dream hehe.

And thanks for the new 1.3.7 release. Its awesome!

Jun 27, 2023, 1:52:07 AM6/27/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello soundmud! Just a few more questions 😊

  1. When a unit is considered melee or ranged? This is determined by the “range” greater than 1? Or by the is_ballistic flag. If is just for the range. What Happen for example with pikeman like soldiers? That have a long melee weapons?
  2. Any building can be filled with units? Or must have a transport_volume enabled on rules.
  3. How works the damage_vs and armor_vs properties with the bonus?

For example: if a unit have this configuration:

Damage 2

Damage_vs_armored 3

Damage_bonus 2

And the bonus is applied with any ability that does

effect apply_bonus damage

the final state will be:

damage 4

damage_vs_armor 3?

Or the vs gets the bonus too.

I ask because will be strange if after apply a bonus the specialized damage instead to be more effective, turn be less effective. Xd

And that is all for now!

Thanks!

修君

Jun 27, 2023, 5:04:28 AM6/27/23
to soundRTSChat
damage_vs and armor_vs are redefining damage, not increasing it.
damage 2
damage_vs cavalry 2 means the damage to cavalry is 2, not 4.

Sebastián Fernández

Jun 30, 2023, 9:49:50 PM6/30/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your answer 😊

I understand that point, is simple. But I’m not talking about the basic definition. Instead, I’m referring to how works the bonus over the specific damage. If the bonus applies over all kinds of damage, or just over the base-damage and bonus remains as on the definition.

But well, wait to the soundmud answer 😊

修君

Jul 2, 2023, 10:30:22 PM7/2/23
to soundRTSChat
Currently it is not possible to add bonuses to specific damage, only to base damage.