creat a new map

Blind Vador airsofteur aveugle

Aug 2, 2020, 2:36:53 PM8/2/20
to soundRTSChat
Hello their. Am new hir, and want to contribut to sound rts, the game I was playing whe I was 10 years old... I try to get start with python to change a litle from my usualy php developpement... but ins't ewactly eficient for the moment... :) so I just start with a small map for sound rts, maybe we can upgrade it to make the game and game play more stable but, I like to play with iland with sea and so I just down it... if you like ti map, you have it join to this message, you can put  it in sound rts to give this strange map to everyone... if I can upgradesomething in soundrts, I will be happy to do, but for now, it is all I can offert... :)
scorpion1.txt

blind vador airsofteur aveugle

Aug 3, 2020, 1:36:09 PM8/3/20
to soundRTSChat

hello again...

it's me again, talking about my strange map.

I realised the version I sended to you is quite bugy and bad... I take it back and make it beter, so jst find join to this mail, a new, clearest, more interesting version, sorry again for that...

just note, I find the crazy mod nid to be up to date with latest improuvements of sound rts, if someone explain me  litle how to do that, (put me on the way), I will be happy to help.

or just, take a look on actual advantage and disadvantages of normal in crazy mod, the lake of capability with ship and other realted to sea is quite sad...

thank again for reading and your comprention with my bad english, and hope you will enjoy this map.

Le 02/08/2020 à 20:34, Blind Vador airsofteur aveugle a écrit :
Hello their. Am new hir, and want to contribut to sound rts, the game I was playing whe I was 10 years old... I try to get start with python to change a litle from my usualy php developpement... but ins't ewactly eficient for the moment... :) so I just start with a small map for sound rts, maybe we can upgrade it to make the game and game play more stable but, I like to play with iland with sea and so I just down it... if you like ti map, you have it join to this message, you can put  it in sound rts to give this strange map to everyone... if I can upgradesomething in soundrts, I will be happy to do, but for now, it is all I can offert... :)

SoundMUD

Aug 3, 2020, 1:58:22 PM8/3/20
to soundRTSChat
I actually tested the map yesterday. Here are a few suggestions:
1. You can remove the "title" line, and the map will be called "scorpion1" automatically.
2. Interestingly, the AI is constantly sending its units to drown into the water. It's because paths exist between ground and water. But don't worry about that. I can make the game automatically remove and create paths by knowing terrain types. Maybe at some point a map maker would only have to define terrain and then add walls and rivers at the borders.

About Crazy Mod, please tell me what you have noticed and maybe I can make some changes easily. The first obvious step is to remove the numerous "info" warnings by applying a script to automatically convert the rules.