What happened with the development?

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 21, 2020, 6:53:19 PM3/21/20
to soundRTSChat
Hi all there,
It seems that past 112 or so months when the latest continuous version was releaced. Did development stopped or did I missed something.

SoundMUD

Mar 21, 2020, 8:48:09 PM3/21/20
to soundRTSChat
Hi,
Yes, the development has stopped.

Le sam. 21 mars 2020 à 23:53, Luis Carlos González Morales <luiscarlosgonz...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi all there,
It seems that past 112 or so months when the latest continuous version was releaced. Did development stopped or did I missed something.

Luis Carlos González Morales

SoundMUD

Mar 22, 2020, 7:43:57 PM3/22/20
to soundRTSChat
I tried to restart a few months ago but it wasn't the right time.
Rewriting from scratch in Python 3 might provide a better base.
I'll think about it.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/6eec058a-87f7-41fb-8f7c-8aaf4f929271%40googlegroups.com.

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 25, 2020, 8:04:20 AM3/25/20
to soundRTSChat
I'll let you think about reprogramming SoundRTS to Python 3. If you want, I need to find some developers to collaborate with you on the project. That's in case you're absent or something.
If you rewrite it from scratch can you also rewrite the translation system? Since to me it sounds robotic when the game speaks objects that when you have 2 (for dual) and 3 or more (for plural) it doesn't announce it as such, E. 5 soldiers instead of 5 soldier, or something. I know it's technically complicated, and explaining this is worth it, but I'm afrade it's necessary to have the translation system kindly and more friendly.
I will give some ideas before, between, and after you rewrite the game in Python 3, so I could be your assistant?
Well, better late than never.
P.S. Hope you stay well, this virus is ramping on my country like crazy!

Le dim. 22 mars 2020 à 09:12, Luis Carlos González Morales <luiscarlosgonz...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Did it stopped because Python 2.7 is discontinued as of this year? I'm afrade not. I If possible can you reprogram SoundRTS to Python 3? I know it takes time, but imo that that's my only choice if you/we want to continue development.
El sábado, 21 de marzo de 2020, 19:48:09 (UTC-5), SoundMUD escribió:
Hi,
Yes, the development has stopped.

Le sam. 21 mars 2020 à 23:53, Luis Carlos González Morales <luiscarlosgonz...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi all there,
It seems that past 112 or so months when the latest continuous version was releaced. Did development stopped or did I missed something.

Thiago

Mar 25, 2020, 8:43:40 AM3/25/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

There's a version that me and a friend were working to port SoundRTS to Python 3, though it is slightly out of date as of now.

HTTPS://github.com/thgcode/soundrts/tree/py3-migration

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/68c787ff-679a-41f8-b46a-c59b46a4e8b0%40googlegroups.com.

Gabriele Battaglia

Mar 25, 2020, 12:16:21 PM3/25/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jean-Luc.
I’m also still available as a translator for Italian, if needed.
I really hope you decide to go back on it again: it was a great game, unique in its genre, so accessible.

Thanks.
Gabriele.

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 25, 2020, 6:09:10 PM3/25/20
to soundRTSChat
I know it bataglia.

I hope that the game is ported to Python 3 and translation system revamped. It's a unique concept and I really like it.

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 25, 2020, 6:23:36 PM3/25/20
to soundRTSChat
I agree with Chriss here.

邵晨晨拓海

Mar 25, 2020, 6:25:21 PM3/25/20
to soundRTSChat
I also hope to continue to develop the game, the potential is very great, even if the appropriate donation is fine.

在 2020年3月22日星期日 UTC+8上午6:53:19,Luis Carlos González Morales写道:

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 25, 2020, 6:32:17 PM3/25/20
to soundRTSChat
to 邵晨晨拓海: I also hope you collaborate with looke. It has a good potential to being so addictive.
To Pontico: As Chriss said independently to me, he's a developer and will help you. For the translation, I would recomend gettext, it is stable, well-known and fast.
@Chriss, can you post the message that you've sent to me independently but from the website of the group? It's that you're message didn't appear on the website.

Christopher Proß

Mar 25, 2020, 6:58:58 PM3/25/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hey,

hups, there, was a faiure in the mail before, so try again.

I am a developer and would be help as well, to port soundrts to python3. I had already did some small code change and had a succesful pr. So I know the code.

For the translation system, I would recoment gettext, it is stable, well-known and for my project, I had do nice thinks with it. It is performant and easy to use as programer and as translator.

all the best!

Christopher.

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 26, 2020, 1:29:06 AM3/26/20
to soundRTSChat
Thanks chriss, finally it appear on the list.

I hope that this game gets ported. I agree what chriss said.

El miércoles, 25 de marzo de 2020, 17:25:21 (UTC-5), 邵晨晨拓海 escribió:
I also hope to continue to develop the game, the potential is very great, even if the appropriate donation is fine.

在 2020年3月22日星期日 UTC+8上午6:53:19,Luis Carlos González Morales写道:
Hi all there,
It seems that past 112 or so months when the latest continuous version was releaced. Did development stopped or did I missed something.

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 26, 2020, 4:25:17 PM3/26/20
to soundRTSChat
I know it Julian. This game has a unique concept along those lines. I hope if it gets ported to python 3, we have a bigger base of users.
Este jueves, 26 de marzo de 2020, 0:29:06 (UTC-5), yo escribí:

Sebastián Fernández

Mar 26, 2020, 8:06:47 PM3/26/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

O, hello guys J

Rewrite all the project from scratch?

Uh, that sounds dangerous really dangerous. But maive can carri good results, but… well

For now, I hope that we have on the future more updates and new cool features, because this engine open a lot, a lot possibilities J

Well, waiting for more cool stuff. Thanks gean for do this amazing project.

邵晨晨拓海

Mar 26, 2020, 11:34:20 PM3/26/20
to soundRTSChat
If you're planning to rewrite the game, can you add the effects of weather and natural disasters to the battle.
Maybe add another mode, hero mode,
Players can choose to play traditional mode or hero mode in the main menu.
The difference between hero mode and traditional mode is that the player plays a hero.
Heroes have positions, and positions can be customized in the mod Lee.
For example, platoon leader, squad leader, company commander, battalion commander, regiment commander, brigade commander, division commander.
Or major, lieutenant colonel, colonel, major, lieutenant general, general, marshal.
The higher the hero position, the more soldiers will lead.
Heroes have special skills to temporarily improve the soldier's various attributes, or let the units stand in a specific position,
Heroes with high positions can assign positions to heroes with low positions.
Killing the Supreme Commander or destroying all buildings can achieve the conditions for victory.
This is just a rough idea.
在 2020年3月22日星期日 UTC+8上午6:53:19,Luis Carlos González Morales写道:
Hi all there,

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 26, 2020, 11:44:09 PM3/26/20
to soundRTSChat
Wow 邵晨晨拓海, that's a big addition and a good one! I also want you to add enemy variation on the frases.

SoundMUD

Mar 28, 2020, 12:51:21 PM3/28/20
to soundRTSChat
邵晨晨拓海 , do you have a specific game in mind? Are you thinking about a MOBA like DOTA or League of Legends? Or is it something else?

邵晨晨拓海

Mar 28, 2020, 7:59:29 PM3/28/20
to soundRTSChat
My idea is slightly different from the two games of dota lol.
Heroes can get military ranks, the rank of the rank determines the rank of officer you can be
The grade of an officer determines the number of soldiers you can recruit.
This is similar to a military game in which officers can lead soldiers and senior officers can appoint junior officers.
This is a complex system and it is understandable not to adopt it.
As long as the function that the hero can lead the soldier to fight is achieved, this is enough.

在 2020年3月29日星期日 UTC+8上午12:51:21,SoundMUD写道:

Zak Claassen

Mar 29, 2020, 3:43:46 AM3/29/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I also hope development on this continues, it's still one of my
favourite games. I'm sure you can ask on the audiogames forum for
developers to help with the project, and only accept changes you
approve of. I think major additions like the previous email suggested
should not be a priority in the near future, if you do decide to
continue development I think updating to python 3 should be a priority
and then smaller changes to improve what is already there a bit.

On 3/29/20, 邵晨晨拓海 <9779...@qq.com> wrote:
> My idea is slightly different from the two games of dota lol.
> Heroes can get military ranks, the rank of the rank determines the rank of
> officer you can be
> The grade of an officer determines the number of soldiers you can recruit.
> This is similar to a military game in which officers can lead soldiers and
> senior officers can appoint junior officers.
> This is a complex system and it is understandable not to adopt it.
> As long as the function that the hero can lead the soldier to fight is
> achieved, this is enough.
>
> 在 2020年3月29日星期日 UTC+8上午12:51:21,SoundMUD写道:
>>
>> 邵晨晨拓海 , do you have a specific game in mind? Are you thinking about a MOBA
>>
>> like DOTA or League of Legends? Or is it something else?
>>

>> Le ven. 27 mars 2020 à 04:34, 邵晨晨拓海 <9779...@qq.com <javascript:>> a
>>> email to soundr...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/9967b5c1-90ae-46c0-b82f-cdc1f1158939%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/d61052fa-6ed2-4b4c-ae98-1b71943c66de%40googlegroups.com.

Caleb Mckinsey

Mar 30, 2020, 12:16:31 AM3/30/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In the Crazy Mod version have the abilities to build towers been removed?

--
Caleb McKinsey

Marriott International
Global Sales Customer Care

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as
the world gives. Do not let your
hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 31, 2020, 9:31:01 AM3/31/20
to soundRTSChat
Caleb, Amen! I don't know if it has deleted for some reazon...
Luke, I've posted about development of sound rts on the audiogames.net forum via this link:
Hope you will answer here.

El domingo, 29 de marzo de 2020, 23:16:31 (UTC-5), Isamu escribió:
Hello,

In the Crazy Mod version have the abilities to build towers been removed?

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/d61052fa-6ed2-4b4c-ae98-1b71943c66de%40googlegroups.com.

Sebastián Fernández

Mar 31, 2020, 2:28:22 PM3/31/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hum, be careful with this kind of options for the game.

If you ask to me, I preffer keep the game style the nearest possible to the classic RTS like age of empires II, or starcraft. Not include (except for campaigns) a lot of RPG things, like Warcraft III did with their hero units.

Mar 31, 2020, 3:41:31 PM3/31/20
to soundRTSChat
About towers, which race and tower should I try to reproduce the bug?

About the audio games forum, here is a copy of my reply:
Hi. There is really no need for help.
Players' patience will be needed if the game is ported to Python 3 and new bugs appear.
Players' feedback will be needed if the game is rewritten.

Christopher Proß

Mar 31, 2020, 4:23:24 PM3/31/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com, SoundMUD

Hey,

anyway,

if you want to begin, then say it, I will assist in coding, I think it would nice first if we have the basics in py3. Then we can think about extensions. Of course, fundemantal things like the translation system should be diskust before we start, but high-level features like that, are well, white on the end of the list. But not unimportant.

all the best,

cChriss

Sebastián Fernández

Mar 31, 2020, 5:55:21 PM3/31/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

I think that He wasn’t talking about a bug; he just asked if you can remove the towers of each race on crazy mod, but… If you want play without towers, simply edit the rules.txt of the mod.

I guess that he is asking that, because some… towers are a little hard to handle with them when are staked in one square, but. I don’t think that we have directly a bug about them. You can pass them with the correct gameplay. And is a fact that the defender, with towers generally have a good advantage over the attacker.

Generally to overcome that situation, you need better macro situation to push continuedly to your opponent, or have more than the double of unit of your enemy.

But well. J

Thanks again Gean for this amazing RTS engine.

More than help to gean to develop the core, we need a good content creator that update (or create) one good default mod for the core. Crazy mod is higly outdated concidering the current features that we have in the last version.

Bye!

Luis Carlos González Morales

Mar 31, 2020, 9:39:07 PM3/31/20
to soundRTSChat
Thanks for the post on the forum, Luke. I'm waiting for some other answers there.

Caleb Mckinsey

Mar 31, 2020, 10:13:31 PM3/31/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I redownloaded the game, got a new computer. The towers are not
an option as building units. Which version of the Crazy mod still has
them? Or were they removed in the most recent update?

On 3/31/20, Sebastián Fernández <sansl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that He wasn’t talking about a bug; he just asked if you can remove
> the towers of each race on crazy mod, but… If you want play without towers,
> simply edit the rules.txt of the mod.
>

> I guess that he is asking that, because some… towers are a little hard to
> handle with them when are staked in one square, but. I don’t think that we
> have directly a bug about them. You can pass them with the correct gameplay.
> And is a fact that the defender, with towers generally have a good advantage
> over the attacker.
>

> Generally to overcome that situation, you need better macro situation to
> push continuedly to your opponent, or have more than the double of unit of
> your enemy.
>

> But well. :)
>

> Thanks again Gean for this amazing RTS engine.
>

> More than help to gean to develop the core, we need a good content creator
> that update (or create) one good default mod for the core. Crazy mod is
> higly outdated concidering the current features that we have in the last
> version.
>

> :)
>

> Bye!

Sebastián Fernández

Apr 1, 2020, 10:49:01 AM4/1/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Calev:

Sorry, I can't understand your question. What is your problem with the towers? And which version of soundrts are you downloading?

The latest compiled available version is soundrts 1.2-c12. And if Im not wrong, it carries crazy mod 9 beta 10 that is the latest available version of the mod.

So, small things.

1. the towers aren't created as units, they are builded as buildings through the workers.
2. each race have their unike kind of towers; and a few races can upgrade the towers, and have various branches of upgrades for the towers. For example the technician have the ovservation outpost as the basic tower, and it can upgrade to two different towers; one for large range fire, and other for local air fire.
3. remember enable the mod after download the game. The mod is turned off as default.

That is all! :)
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/00a701d6078a%2425056480
> %246f102d80%24%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/00a701d6078a%242505648
> 0%246f102d80%24%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/CANSVHChh6cyn3VECriemmn
> yCECgom3_rL2jczT0HJ9Pf6gktJg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/CANSVHChh6cyn3VECriemm
> nyCECgom3_rL2jczT0HJ9Pf6gktJg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_so
> urce=footer>
> .
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/014b01d607a7%24135a82c0%243a0f8840%24%40gmail.com.

--
Caleb McKinsey

Marriott International
Global Sales Customer Care

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Caleb Mckinsey

Apr 1, 2020, 12:01:02 PM4/1/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
have 1.2a9 version 8.3

In this version there is no option to build towers with any of the
races. were they removed? hope that clarifies. sorry, lol
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/02c801d60834%24aee9ae40%240cbd0ac0%24%40gmail.com.

SoundMUD

Apr 1, 2020, 2:20:32 PM4/1/20
to soundRTSChat
It's probably from the CrazyMod website.

Sebastián Fernández

Apr 1, 2020, 5:46:17 PM4/1/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Calev, you’re using a outdated version of the mod.

And a outdated version of the soundrts engine too.

If you want a packaged version with the latest soundrts released and the latest crazymod beta (was only released through audiogames forum) use this link:

https://web.tresorit.com/l#2IvzbC68Dzv847pzRSQNmQ

download using chrome.

Is configured to use crazymod and soundpack.

Zak Claassen

Apr 2, 2020, 6:03:08 AM4/2/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Yeah the crazymod is outdated and can be pretty unbalanced in some
cases with the new soundrts. It was made before the continuous
version, so now that a lot of units can attack across square
boundaries it causes a lot of issues. I wish it would be updated, I
think it should be possible to rebalance it.
If anyone's interested, we made a modern mod with the new sound rts,
you can find the topic on the audiogames forum about it here:
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/28021/modern-mod-for-soundrts/

On 4/1/20, Sebastián Fernández <sansl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Calev, you’re using a outdated version of the mod.
>

> And a outdated version of the soundrts engine too.
>

> If you want a packaged version with the latest soundrts released and the
> latest crazymod beta (was only released through audiogames forum) use this
> link:
>
> https://web.tresorit.com/l#2IvzbC68Dzv847pzRSQNmQ
>

> download using chrome.
>

> Is configured to use crazymod and soundpack.

Sebastián Fernández

Apr 2, 2020, 11:59:27 AM4/2/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello guys!

Gean, a small question. Currently is implemented on the game bullet speed and time between launch an attackd and impact it?

Explanation. When a unit / building launch a ballistick attack, after the launch it impacts automatically on the tarjet independently the distance? Or the bullet have to across the distance and impact with a default speed for each projectile.

I ask, because (specially with crazy mod) is ridiculous how towers (with a large range of fire) a small number of towers (10 staked in one square) can handle without problem a entire army of more than 70 soldiers xd inclusive more, but well J

Again, thanks soo far for make this incredible engine!

A more question:

In the current version: what does the special_range keyword in the rules? Is only a shortcut to put the range in 12?

Previously was used for attack the adjasent squares, but with the countinuous update that doesn’t apply now.

And how is determined the sight range of a unit? The sight_range determines if can see adjasent squares? Or… what

So that is all. ¡thanks soo far!

Bye!

Apr 5, 2020, 7:59:10 AM4/5/20
to soundRTSChat
If it's the game ported/rewritten, will the version be bumped from 1.2 to 2.0? IMO it's more understandable.

El jueves, 2 de abril de 2020, 19:51:26 (UTC-5), Isamu escribió:
Thank you. Got mine off audio games. will get this one. thanks again

>>> --
>>> Caleb McKinsey
>>>
>>> Marriott International
>>> Global Sales Customer Care
>>>
>>> "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as
>>> the
>>> world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
>>>
>>> --
>>> an
>>> <mailto:soundrtschat%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com> .
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/CACPtX9MffnpumpTMOCGkLbv9Jcb9qvoqQ2XFEajr8TqcspSEzA%40mail.gmail.com.
>>>
>>> --
>>> an
>>> <mailto:soundrtschat%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com> .
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/02c801d60834%24aee9ae40%240cbd0ac0%24%40gmail.com.
>>>

>> --
>> Caleb McKinsey
>>
>> Marriott International
>> Global Sales Customer Care
>>
>> "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as
>> the world gives. Do not let your
>> hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/CACPtX9PDPvOg7a8TD5SfcbYWTVFs2%3DttGDsn-2R7KcusbswffQ%40mail.gmail.com.
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/CANSVHCinge7PLC7-uzssmUT7SZzNMDyER8WNhxLZqHhVXbm13Q%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/CANSVHCinge7PLC7-uzssmUT7SZzNMDyER8WNhxLZqHhVXbm13Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/044b01d6086e%24f957bd70%24ec073850%24%40gmail.com.

Luis Carlos González Morales

Apr 5, 2020, 8:01:14 AM4/5/20
to soundRTSChat
Oops, or if not, if the final 1.2 version is releaced, can you work on v 2.0?
>>&

SoundMUD

Apr 5, 2020, 3:11:48 PM4/5/20
to soundRTSChat
Here is what could happen :
- the 1.2-a9, reference version for square-based gameplay, will become 1.2 and will be minimally maintained
- the 1.2-c12 will become 1.3 and will evolve for a while
- if a rewrite happens, the version would be 2.0
- if a port happens, the version would still be 1.3, I think

Luis Carlos González Morales

Apr 5, 2020, 11:58:05 PM4/5/20
to soundRTSChat
Luke, you've got that one. You're almost correct on that one. You're almost there. I was going to correct the last one, but you're almost wright, although when 1.3 is releaced, if a port happens, the next (port) version will be 1.4. You're almost there, I congratulate you

Sebastián Fernández

Apr 6, 2020, 3:20:47 PM4/6/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Its only a number…

Really to be more simple, We can use directly the git commit hash  and we will be happi J

Sooo…

Gean, how works currently the bullets in the game?

They calculate a tragectori and time to impact in the tarjet? Or impact instantly after the shoot.

Thanks J

Zak Claassen

Apr 6, 2020, 3:23:52 PM4/6/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
The versions make sense. I wonder if a rewrite wouldn't be better in
the long term, if you can make the game faster that way. But of course
it would be a lot of work, so it depends if the benefit is worth the
effort.

On 4/6/20, Sebastián Fernández <sansl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its only a number…
>

> Really to be more simple, We can use directly the git commit hash and we
> will be happi :)
>

> Sooo…
>
> Gean, how works currently the bullets in the game?
>
> They calculate a tragectori and time to impact in the tarjet? Or impact
> instantly after the shoot.
>

> Thanks :)

SoundMUD

Apr 6, 2020, 4:31:38 PM4/6/20
to soundRTSChat
About bullets, I don't remember. It's probably very simple.

邵晨晨拓海

Apr 7, 2020, 2:48:57 AM4/7/20
to soundRTSChat
There is no bullet flying in the attack mode of this game.
Attack and hit are synchronized.

Sebastián Fernández

Apr 9, 2020, 10:09:31 AM4/9/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello guys, Gean:

A small question, can you use campaigns commands in multiplayer maps?

Example triggers, objectives and timers?

To create special maps with custom winning conditions, but for play with more than one player.

Thanks!

Sebastián Fernández

Apr 12, 2020, 10:30:58 PM4/12/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello gean, another small modding question.

Do you remember if you can put in a map txt, buildingsdirectly in a path and not in a square?

Like can you do during the gameplay for block paths.

Is easy put computer units or buildings on a given square, but can you tell that you want put these buildings (or units) blocking some path?

Thanks; we need this because are trying to create a small experiment J

Are you still planning to continue development of Sound RTS? I don't know what has change on github so if I miss something let you can tell me.

邵晨晨拓海

May 10, 2020, 2:40:18 AM5/10/20
to soundRTSChat
It is recommended to add second-level maps, such as ship cabins and aircraft cabins. You can build buildings on second-level maps, which makes it more interesting.

Sebastián Fernández

May 10, 2020, 3:18:57 AM5/10/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

He…

Well sounds interesting, but for make other kind of games using the same engine, but… for a classic RTS experience… well, if you build something inside your ships (or waste the time building things on it) when your opponent crash your ship you loose a lot of things in just one battle.

For… thing if a feature is usable or not in the engine, try to  thing… in real online battles of soundRTS. A classic start of no resources, and onli a building and a bunch of peasants. In a map for… 4 or 8 players, not too big, and well, all of them playing well rushing you with a constant attack every minute of the match.

One good feature (for example) that we need, is enable create skills that buf for some time one stadistick of the unit, or can affect various unit in the range. For example, some unit with frenzy that estimulate with a small bonus of attack to any ground unit in a small range of 12, for example.

Or other thing that will be good for modding, is the option to create classes or tags for create category of units, and enable use that tags for tarjets. Example units biological, mechanical, monster, etc, and with that skills that says harm_level 2 target_type mechanical.

And similar J

May 14, 2020, 11:26:16 PM5/14/20
to soundRTSChat
If you think it's too dangerous, you don't need to build buildings on the battleship.
But I think it is worth the risk, then I will do it, and this type of battleship is often not easy to destroy.
You can build tower defenses on battleships to increase the combat effectiveness of battleships. The more tower defenses, the stronger the attack power of battleships, and the higher the attack density.

在 2020年5月10日星期日 UTC+8下午3:18:57,Sandl写道:

Caleb Mckinsey

May 15, 2020, 6:38:07 AM5/15/20
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
hello, probably a very newby question, lol. I have the latest version
of the game, where can you build the shipyard. I get the error beep if
I try on ocean squares. thank you.

SoundMUD

May 28, 2020, 5:46:58 AM5/28/20
to soundRTSChat
The shipyard must be built near water and not on a plateau.

Yohann Poulain

Jun 22, 2020, 8:38:32 AM6/22/20
to soundRTSChat
Hi. when can we donload a new version?

Le jeudi 28 mai 2020 11:46:58 UTC+2, SoundMUD a écrit :
The shipyard must be built near water and not on a plateau.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soundrtschat/b082d8b9-817f-41a0-9b2c-77d7889d44a9%40googlegroups.com.

--
Caleb McKinsey

Marriott International
Global Sales Customer Care

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as
the world gives. Do not let your
hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

SoundMUD

Jun 22, 2020, 8:42:22 AM6/22/20
to soundRTSChat
Hi,