[log] SoundRTS 1.2 continuous 12 released

SoundMUD

Jan 11, 2019, 1:31:34 PM1/11/19
to soundRTSChat

Jennifer Kent

Sep 22, 2022, 12:44:47 PM9/22/22
to soundRTSChat
what is that compared to the regular download?

SoundMUD

Sep 22, 2022, 1:11:58 PM9/22/22
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
This is an old version. You can safely skip it.

lucia greco

Sep 22, 2022, 1:18:27 PM9/22/22
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
could some one send the news version to the list its been a wile
lucia Greco
http://accessaces.com
follow me on twitter @accessaces

Sebastián Fernández

Oct 27, 2022, 11:33:05 AM10/27/22
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello guys,

A small question about map macking.

Currentli is possible use a kind of “and” operator to do something if two triggers are completed at same time?

Like something

Trigger player1 (has_entered a5) && trigger player1 (has 1000 resource_1) (add_units a5 super_canon)

Or is possible on theaction part of the trigger, do something but for a different player that was triggered? Like something:

Trigger player2 (has_builded super_lighning) (player1(add_unit a1 massive_explosion))

Of course on the examples I’ve created some functions that I don’t know if them exists, but. Commands like that will be awesome for create more custom maps with special behavior’s

Thanks 😊

SoundMUD

Oct 27, 2022, 2:26:11 PM10/27/22
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

"and" doesn't exist at the moment. If it existed, it would be something like:
trigger player1 (and (has_entered a5) (has 1000 resource_1)) (add_units a5 super_canon)

A trigger with a different player for the action doesn't exist either. It would be maybe something like (not sure):

trigger player2 (has_built super_lightning) (add_unit player1 a1 massive_explosion)

邵晨晨拓海

Nov 16, 2022, 11:12:32 AM11/16/22
to soundRTSChat

Hello, I have a question.

I set up 3 technologies, namely archer_weapon1 archer_weapon2 archer_weapon3, and wrote effect apply_bonus damage below, I don't quite understand how this parameter works.

For example, the total damage_bonus of the archer is 3.4, and the archer_weapon must be upgraded 3 times to fill it up

If I write damage_bonus 3.4 on the archer, will the system divide 3.4 into 3 parts to match the three archer_weapon above?

SoundMUD

Nov 16, 2022, 1:22:42 PM11/16/22
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if it will work beyond one level of upgrade. I don't remember how to have several levels of the same upgrade and I couldn't find an existing example.

The manual says:
effect apply_bonus <property name>

Increases the property of the affected units. The value is defined in the property of the unit called "<property name>_bonus". For example, "effect apply_bonus damage" will look for a property called "damage_bonus" in the definition of each affected unit. This way, units benefiting from the same upgrade can have different bonus values.

According to the code, it seems that damage_bonus is followed by at least one number: the bonus for each level of upgrade. There is a second, optional, number: the increment of the bonus, used if the upgrade is applied several times, but since I didn't use it I'm not sure if it actually works. And I don't remember how to apply the upgrade several times if at all possible.

邵晨晨拓海

Nov 16, 2022, 2:44:42 PM11/16/22
to soundRTSChat
I did a test.

If there are multiple upgrades, the player needs to calculate the average value and write it after damage_bonus.

For example, there are 3 upgrades and the total bonus is 9, then the player must write 3 after damage_bonus instead of 9.
I really envy the flexible definition of Age of Empires 2, he can implement multiple functions at the same time with one def.

For example def sdr

class upgrade

effect bonus sight_range6

effect bonus damage 4

effect bonus range 4

邵晨晨拓海

Nov 17, 2022, 8:27:10 AM11/17/22
to soundRTSChat
This is my fantasy future version of soundrts, I guess visual games like age of empires use the same idea.

def pikemen
class soldier
damage 3 0 ; The first represents melee damage and the second represents ranged damage, which is very useful.
damage_bonus 2
cooldown 3 0; The first indicates the melee attack interval, and the second indicates the ranged attack interval
damage_on_unit cavalry 18 0 ship 12 0 townhall 3 0; This means pikemen can cause an additional 18 melee damage and 0 ranged damage to cavalry, 12 melee damage and 0 ranged damage to ships, and 3 melee damage and 0 ranged damage to town halls.
range 0.2 0 ; The first indicates melee range and the second indicates long range.
armor 0 0; The first represents the ability to defend against melee damage, and the second represents the ability to defend against ranged damage.
dodge 0 0 ; The first represents the chance to dodge melee attacks, the second represents the chance to dodge ranged attacks

def archer
class soldier
damage 0 4
damage_bonus 0 1.5
cooldown 0 2
damage_times 0 2 ; This means the archer will make two ranged attacks within two seconds
damage_delay 0 0.35 ; This means that the unit will have a short preparation time when attacking. At first glance, it seems to be similar to the cooldown parameter, but it is actually different.

Because no matter how long the cooldown is set, the unit will always attack instantly when it first attacks. After adding damage_delay 0.35, the first attack of the unit will be delayed by 0.35 seconds.
After that, every attack of the unit will follow the delay for 0.35 seconds.
damage_on_unit pikemen 4 cavalry_archer 3;
armor 0 2 ; This means that archers have 0 melee defense and 2 ranged defense, so archers are afraid of cavalry and infantry, but not archers.
range 0 4 ;
cover 0 0.85; This means that the archer's ranged attack hit rate is only 85%
dodge 0 0.10; This means the archer has 0 dodge for melee damage and 10% dodge for ranged damage

def large_catapult
class soldier
damage 12 200; This means having 12 points of melee damage while having a super high ranged damage of 200 points.
splash 0 1
damage_radius 0 1 ; The first represents splash damage in melee, and the second represents splash damage in ranged combat.
cooldown 2 10 ; This means that the melee attack interval of the catapult is 2, and the ranged attack interval is 10, but it is usually set to cooldown 10 10.
damage_on_unit catapult 0 -150 cavalry 0 -180 ; This is the power of this parameter, although the base damage is high, the player can set different additional damage to different units
armor 0 7 ; This means the catapult has a melee defense of 0 and a ranged defense of 7, so the catapult is afraid of cavalry.
cover 0 0.15
dodge 0 0.05

邵晨晨拓海

Nov 17, 2022, 8:35:55 AM11/17/22
to soundRTSChat
You can even set:

armor_on_unit cavalry 3 0 archer 0 4 ; This means that when facing different units, different additional defenses will be generated.

邵晨晨拓海

Nov 25, 2022, 4:33:16 PM11/25/22
to soundRTSChat
hi soundmud, I have an idea.

If those of us who are interested in the game jointly raise funds and hand over the game to other programmers to continue development, or directly hand over the funds to you to continue development, I wonder if you agree.

Sebastián Fernández

Jan 27, 2023, 6:16:04 PM1/27/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

Thanks for the answer, and sooorry for the late.

OK, thanks for these. Will be awesome if all kind of these triggers to have more programmatically event in custom maps can be on future versions. They could be useful to build special games like a mova 😊

Thanks

Message has been deleted

SoundMUD

Jan 30, 2023, 1:44:57 PM1/30/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
For a MOBA you might be interested in this experimental version:

It contains 3 unfinished maps:
- td1: a tower defense map, one player
- td2: a mini MOBA map (one lane), 1v1 or more, only the knight is available as a hero
- td3: not working at all (would need the files from td2), a classic MOBA map with 3 lanes

Check also the included documentation (modding guide about buffs, items, ...).

Warnings:
- the user interface would need a lot of polishing to be convincing,
- the network code, OK for an RTS, isn't suited for a MOBA with 10 players, unless they are on the same local network.

Sebastián Fernández

May 21, 2023, 2:35:02 PM5/21/23
to soundr...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

Wow! Soory for the late answer!

Thanks, very so much thanks for do this.

I’ll check this 😊 sounds very awesome!

About the network code, sincerely I think that its OK for 3 vs 3 or maybe 5 vs 5 all of them with a good connection.

Just check warcraft III or starcraft 1. They are old games from late 90-early 2000, all of them full designed as a RTS games, and well, wc3 was the main house of the early moba games, so, if these can handle these kind of maps, be sure that with the current kind of connections your code with maps of a medium size can handle correctly these kind of games.

Thanks so much!

Sorry for the late, I don’t check this email so often!