Sounds in server names

Julian

Oct 16, 2019, 1:17:48 PM10/16/19
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have a question about the SoundRTS server. I came across it in version
1.2-c12, but the same could also apply to other versions, I don't know.

My question is: Currently, in the list of public server, there's one
which plays a sound file instead of having a name. How is that done? And
does the server tell the client just to play a sound which is already
contained, or is it even streamed from the server (so that every
soundfile could be chosen)?

I'm just curious about it, as I'm also interested in maybe hosting my
own server, maybe. Thanks in advance for any answer.

All the best, Julian

Thiago

Oct 17, 2019, 2:51:35 PM10/17/19
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

If you set your name to a sound number, for example any sound present on
the res/ui/effects folder, 1000 for example, the game will play that
sound (wind in this case). You can also change your name to message
numbers in res/ui/tts.txt file. In this case, the game will replace the
number to the message translated on the language depending on the player.

Julian

Oct 18, 2019, 5:09:08 PM10/18/19
to 'Thiago' via soundRTSChat
Hello,

thank you for the quick reply. That was exactly what I wanted to know.