Map editing trouble in 1.3.9

blind vador

Mar 4, 2024, 3:20:22 PMMar 4
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all.

I was trying to make a kind of new map on sound rts, to use all the
latest advanced setting offered by the developpers but I have a problem.

Firstly, I got it from githubb.

Am a bit lost in the architecture, In the doc, I don't find any infos
about setting grounds and other advanced stuf (like crafting special
monsters for the map)

And the biggest problem is that, I created my map in txt, the basics
settings are ok, but I don't find any way to apply some advanced one,.

For example, I want to make a line of mountain, but in txt I don't find
any way to specify it, and when I go thrue the map in game editor, I
craft the line of mountain, no problem, but when I do ctrl s to save no
thing happen.

I can edit the map very well, and for me edit it in game it is just a
super possibility cause I find it much more easy to draw like this. But
I can't save what I did.

I just want to make a updated map with lot of possibility and give it to
the comunity for you to play on line on this. The problem is that seens
to be prety hard if I can't use advanced settings.

Thank so much for any answers.

Best regard.

SoundMUD

Mar 4, 2024, 4:50:45 PMMar 4
to soundRTSChat
Hi. Sorry for the trouble. I will check if save is working.

SoundMUD

Mar 5, 2024, 12:53:49 PMMar 5
to soundRTSChat
I could save the map to user/multi/editor0.txt and I could find an autosave too.

trista...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2024, 1:19:47 AMMar 6
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
hy.
I know why that doesn't worked over here.
I don't have any folder named "user".
I downloaded 3.8 to try to see the difference, and I got a folder "user" with many thing inside.
on my 3.9, I don't have anything which can look like that folder.
(and I didn't removed anything, I don't have any idea of what happened)
I think I will just take .my user from 3.8 and patch my 3.9. (I see download and other thing inside, I supose that can explain why my 3.9 got so many troubles xd).

about map crafting, I edited my map on 3.8 and patch it on 3.9, but I don't find any infos about monster.s crafting.
have you some infos on how I can process?
and how could I distribute my map so all players can play it on line (cause I designed it for that purpose.)

thank in advance for all your answers.
best regard.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

SoundMUD

Mar 6, 2024, 1:11:43 PMMar 6
to soundr...@googlegroups.com
If you didn't have the "user" sub-folder then the maps were saved elsewhere. The current user folder can be opened from the options menu.