What Determines Found Set Upon Launch?

Stephen Barden

Mar 4, 2017, 9:41:06 PM3/4/17
to Soundminer Users Collective
Folks / JD...

What determines the "current found set" displayed when SM launches?  I've tried finding rhyme or reason to it and can't.

Would love to reset it to something specific that somewhat satisfies my moderate obsessive compulsive nature!

With thanks, especially if I'm missing something obvious...

sb

Stephen Barden

Mar 28, 2017, 6:42:17 PM3/28/17
to Soundminer Users Collective
Bump?

Jeremiah Moore

Mar 28, 2017, 10:57:36 PM3/28/17
to Soundminer Users Collective, bar...@sounddogs.ca
For my system it is the first database alphabetically, and the found set is simply everything, unsorted, in the order it was originally scanned. I label my databases "01 Main DB" "02 special DB" ... and project databases afterwards. DBs selectable with command-1, command-2 etc

-Jeremiah

jeremiah moore  |  SOUND | San Francisco

The TANK Center for Sonic Arts | Rangely, Colorado

Steve Pecile

Mar 29, 2017, 12:59:19 PM3/29/17
to bar...@sounddogs.ca, Soundminer Users Collective
Sorry…we don’t check here that often, not sure if you wanted us to answer or not.  If you have a specific question for us please send it to sup...@soundminer.com along with details on the version being used and the system

When SM launches it should remember your last state - last database and whatever preferences you have ticked off.  If you want a bit more control upon databases perhaps look at this.

Database Actions(v4.5pro only)

http://soundminer.s3.amazonaws.com/ChangeDatabaseAction.mp4

Launch, then go to the hammer and wrench icon and Show Support Folder, then go into Soundminer folder, and then into database_scripts You can download an example script that matches up with the default Soundminer_db database. Put it into this folder, then toggle to another database and back…

http://soundminer.s3.amazonaws.com/Soundminer_DB.lua

cocoaPrefs = {
referenceOriginal = false,
transferPath = '/Users/soundminer/Desktop',
sampleRate = 48000,
bitDepth = 24,
interleaved = true,
vstTail=3,
screenset1order={'Filename','Description','Source','Category'},
namingConvention='<Filename:1>_JD'
}

It looks like this… remove anything you don’t want to change, the only caveat is there needs to be a comma on every line EXCEPT the last one. (So if you removed the namingConvention line, you’d also need to remove the , after ‘Category’},

steve pecile
soundminer