An "Assistant Flag" In Database?

Stephen Barden

Jun 24, 2016, 5:21:03 PM6/24/16
to Soundminer Users Collective
Hi folks...

Often when I'm browsing through my database, I'll come across a sound (usually a folder of sounds, to be accurate) that need(s) some love from my assistant (bad naming protocol, more descriptive names needed, too much silence at the beginning of the clip, etc.).

I am looking for a really quick way of flagging those records so that an assistant can quickly search for them to act upon them.  I don't really want to have to type something - it's usually apparent what needs to happen to the records.

Is there a work flow that anyone can recommend with this in mind?  A particular metadata field into which I can enter a particular character?  Add the records to a spotting list?  Add the records to a playlist?

The assistant accesses the database on the same machine at times when I'm not on it.  Conceivably, I might quit out of SM between the times when I am cutting and when the assistant is working.

Thanks for reading and in advance for your input.

Barden