EuCon?

Nathaniel Reichman

Feb 13, 2017, 4:41:37 PM2/13/17
to Soundminer Users Collective
Would love a EuCon-ized version of Soundminer. Wouldn’t have to be fancy, just transport, wheel, jog, shuttle. It kills me that the control surfaces don’t work when SM is the top app.

Would be even cooler if we could dedicate a transport to SM, keeping another transport locked to Pro Tools. I’m sure I’m not the first one to request this. Thanks for considering!

Nathaniel Reichman
Supervising Producer – Re-recording Mixer

Google Voice (rings all phones): (518) 966-2226 | iPhone (Messages/Facetime): (917) 921-3446
Skype: NReichman | Manhattan studio landline: (212) 989-9500

Anthony Oetzmann

Feb 15, 2017, 12:51:30 PM2/15/17
On 13.02.2017 22:41, Nathaniel Reichman wrote:
> Would love a EuCon-ized version of Soundminer. Wouldn’t have to be fancy, just transport, wheel,
> jog, shuttle. It kills me that the control surfaces don’t work when SM is the top app.
>
> Would be even cooler if we could dedicate a transport to SM, keeping another transport locked to Pro
> Tools. I’m sure I’m not the first one to request this. Thanks for considering!

How about being able to use MIDI controllers. There are plenty of $500 to $50 boxes out there to
make life easier.

Take a $70 unit like the Behringer X-Touch Mini. It has two MIDI layers, with each layer having 16
buttons, eight rotary knobs, a push-action on each knob and one touch-sensitive(though
non-motorized) fader.

All it does is send MIDI CC on the knobs and midi notes on the buttons. Perfect for customization,
which is why I make extensive use of such units in Reaper already.

Most of these units come with editor software to change the MIDI CC and Notes they send, so it's a
breeze to keep multiple of them around if you like.

The Reaper midi-learn box could be a good place to look at how to do the setup. You're literally
responding to 3-byte messages from a midi device.

That would be very useful. Playback/pause on a button. Speed on a knob. Left/Right selection
boundaries on another bunch of knobs. Spot, tag and transfer to other buttons. Scroll through
results with a knob.

Nathaniel, what do you think ?

Take care
Anthony Oetzmann

Nathaniel Reichman

Feb 15, 2017, 12:59:47 PM2/15/17
to Soundminer Users Collective, air...@gmail.com
I think any control surface support with any protocol is a step in the right direction. Simple is good. Thanks for chiming in Anthony.