User Favorites Server Caching

ilias

Mar 5, 2012, 6:33:38 PM3/5/12
to SoundCloudAPI
Hello!

I am having a problem with the favorites API response being out of
date. A user will add or remove a favorite using my client
application, then refresh his or her favorites, only to have them be
out of sync for a few minutes ie. it appears as if the track was not
favorited or unfavorited, even though the request went through with
code 200. I am doing my best to workaround the issue but to give the
user a seamless application would require a lot of bookkeeping on my
end that shouldn't be necessary with such an API. Even though the
favorites are updated properly on the SoundCloud.com website, they are
out of sync in all API requests. I have also tested this in the API
console.

Please let me know whether you have plans to improve the performance
of the favorites caching on the server (I don't seem to have this
problem with followings, at least not as frequently). If you don't
plan on improving the performance in the foreseeable future I will
plan to add more bookkeeping to my application.

Thank you

Ilias