Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

daniel...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
22.02.2012, 17:32:5522.02.12
an SoundCloudAPI
Hello,

I'm trying to create a mobile app for soundcloud, and I wish to use
this : http://developers.soundcloud.com/docs/api/authentication#user-credentials-flow
to manage the authentication stuff.
But it looks like I can't be able to use it, following the instruction
on the site, I get this response:
{"error":"invalid_grant"}
Could you please explain what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

Regards,
Daniele.

Paul Osman

ungelesen,
22.02.2012, 17:50:2222.02.12
an soundc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniele,

Could be a number of things, would you be able to post a snippet of your code either in an email or using something like pastebin.com?

Cheers,
--
Paul Osman
Developer Evangelist

SoundCloud HQ USA
San Francisco CA, 94110

daniel...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
22.02.2012, 17:58:2522.02.12
an SoundCloudAPI
Hi Paul,

On 22 Feb, 23:50, Paul Osman <os...@soundcloud.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM, daniele.m...@gmail.com <
>

> daniele.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I'm trying to create a mobile app for soundcloud, and I wish to use
> > this :
> >http://developers.soundcloud.com/docs/api/authentication#user-credent...
> > to manage the authentication stuff.
> > But it looks like I can't be able to use it, following the instruction
> > on the site, I get this response:
> > {"error":"invalid_grant"}
> > Could you please explain what I'm doing wrong?
> > Thanks.
>
> > Regards,
> > Daniele.
>
> Hi Daniele,
>
> Could be a number of things, would you be able to post a snippet of your
> code either in an email or using something like pastebin.com?

there is no code yet, I'm simply trying this:

$ curl "https://api.soundcloud.com/oauth2/token" \
-d 'client_id=04u7h-cl13n7-1d' \
-d 'client_secret=04u7h-cl13n7-53cr37' \
-d 'grant_type=password' \
-d 'username=user...@example.com' \
-d 'password=p455w0rd'

just copy&paste with the necessary modifications, nothing more.

> Cheers,
> --
> Paul Osman
> Developer Evangelist
>
> http://soundcloud.com/paulosmanhttp://twitter.com/paulosman

Paul Osman

ungelesen,
27.02.2012, 22:48:3927.02.12
an soundc...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM, daniel...@gmail.com <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

there is no code yet, I'm simply trying this:

$ curl "https://api.soundcloud.com/oauth2/token" \
          -d 'client_id=04u7h-cl13n7-1d' \
          -d 'client_secret=04u7h-cl13n7-53cr37' \
          -d 'grant_type=password' \
          -d 'username=user...@example.com' \
          -d 'password=p455w0rd'

just copy&paste with the necessary modifications, nothing more.

Hi Daniele,

Everything looks fine there. I copied and pasted the example, modified the client id, secret, username and password and was able to get an access token. Have you verified that you're using the correct values? The invalid_grant error message would indicate that you've got an incorrect username or password.

Daniele Maio

ungelesen,
08.03.2012, 06:29:5608.03.12
an soundc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Paul Osman <os...@soundcloud.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM, daniel...@gmail.com <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

there is no code yet, I'm simply trying this:

$ curl "https://api.soundcloud.com/oauth2/token" \
          -d 'client_id=04u7h-cl13n7-1d' \
          -d 'client_secret=04u7h-cl13n7-53cr37' \
          -d 'grant_type=password' \
          -d 'username=user...@example.com' \
          -d 'password=p455w0rd'

just copy&paste with the necessary modifications, nothing more.

Hi Daniele,

Everything looks fine there. I copied and pasted the example, modified the client id, secret, username and password and was able to get an access token. Have you verified that you're using the correct values? The invalid_grant error message would indicate that you've got an incorrect username or password.

you are right, the problem was that my password contains some whitespaces that needed to be escaped (or something similar).
Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
--
Paul Osman