Reporting an issue

TYR

Feb 2, 2012, 5:02:21 AM2/2/12
to SoundCloudAPI
I can't find any way of reporting bugs, so this will have to do.
SC.com and the widget don't work (and haven't for weeks) in Firefox 9/
KDE4.6/OpenSUSE Linux 11.4/Intel i686 (FF build:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/rev/34852484d0ae).

Specific behaviour: page loads ok, including timed comments flags and
download URI if present. Nothing happens if you click play though.
since this morning, the player changes state but doesn't advance the
seekhead or play the music.

Same problem was in Flash version (with added detail that it returned
a spurious "please update" message - I can't update Flash, I'm running
the latest version). I've had this experience on multiple networks
(i.e. not an internetworking issue).

The following JavaScript errors are in the error console:

Error: c.o._createSound is not a function
Source File: http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F32406894&show_artwork=true
Line: 72

Error: _s.o._setVolume is not a function
Source File: http://a1.sndcdn.com/javascripts/base.js?1767646
Line: 868

Shutting off Adblock Plus doesn't change anything.

Matas Petrikas

Feb 2, 2012, 5:08:03 AM2/2/12
to soundc...@googlegroups.com
hi,

Thanks for the detailed report! We'll try to fix that problem!

greets,
Matas

> --

Matas Petrikas

http://soundcloud.com/matas

TYR

Mar 19, 2012, 2:16:29 PM3/19/12
to SoundCloudAPI

On Feb 2, 10:08 am, Matas Petrikas <matas.petri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Thanks for the detailed report! We'll try to fix that problem!
>
> greets,
> Matas
>

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM,TYR<a.harrow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can't find any way of reporting bugs, so this will have to do.
> > SC.com and the widget don't work (and haven't for weeks) in Firefox 9/
> > KDE4.6/OpenSUSE Linux 11.4/Intel i686 (FF build:
> >http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/rev/34852484d0ae).
>
> > Specific behaviour: page loads ok, including timed comments flags and
> > download URI if present. Nothing happens if you click play though.
> > since this morning, the player changes state but doesn't advance the
> > seekhead or play the music.
>
> > Same problem was in Flash version (with added detail that it returned
> > a spurious "please update" message - I can't update Flash, I'm running
> > the latest version). I've had this experience on multiple networks
> > (i.e. not an internetworking issue).
>
> > The following JavaScript errors are in the error console:
>
> > Error: c.o._createSound is not a function
> > Source File:http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2...
> > Line: 72
>
> > Error: _s.o._setVolume is not a function
> > Source File:http://a1.sndcdn.com/javascripts/base.js?1767646
> > Line: 868
>
> > Shutting off Adblock Plus doesn't change anything.

OK, it still doesn't work, but I have a workaround. Load the page, hit
soundcloud.com/player.swf as a query string, and it returns an SC
flash player object. And it works.

Looking at the errors, it looks like the problem is something to do
with the Twitter integration.