Sound Studies Panel Review and Sounding Board Committee

Jacob Sunshine

Feb 5, 2023, 6:35:45 PM2/5/23
to Sound Studies
Hello all,

My name is Jacob Sunshine and I'm the member-at-large for the Sound Studies Section of SEM.

I am writing organize a group of 3-4 fellow Sound Studies section members (along with myself) to review panel/individual paper abstracts for sponsorship from our section for the upcoming 2023 SEM conference in Ottawa. I would like to find a night this week (say, Wednesday, February 8th at 8:30 PM EST, though I'm flexible) to review abstracts so that we can choose papers/panels prior to SEM's abstract submission date of February 17th. Please email me at jsun...@g.harvard.edu if you would be interested in joining the abstract review panel.

We are also organizing a virtual meeting of Sounding Board in late-May or early-June of 2023. Sounding Board is an online symposium devoted to sharing and considering sound art, soundscapes, and other multimedia projects within the purview of sound studies. In the coming weeks, we will be organizing a committee that will draft a call for submissions, and begin organizing the symposium. If you would like to join the Sounding Board committee, please also write to me at jsun...@g.harvard.edu

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend, and I look forward to working with some of you soon.

All my best,
Jacob

Jacob Sunshine

Feb 8, 2023, 9:38:28 AM2/8/23
to Sound Studies
Hello all,

We've now received a number of exciting individual abstracts and panel submissions for sponsorship from the Sound Studies Section at SEM 2023 in Ottawa. If you are interested in joining the SEM Abstract Consideration Committee, please write to me so we can set up a time to meet.

Depending on people's availability, I was hoping to meet this evening, but tomorrow or this weekend would also work well for me. We can go through the various submissions and make decisions about which of these papers/panels that SEM will sponsor prior to the final submission deadline on February 17th. Please let me know if you'd have any interest in joining this committee!

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from some of you.

All my best,
Jacob