Call for Abstracts and Panel Proposals: Sound Studies Section SEM

D.J. Hatfield

Jan 19, 2021, 2:45:40 PM1/19/21
to sound-...@googlegroups.com

The Society for Ethnomusicology Sound Studies Section invites abstract submissions for sponsored panel proposals at the SEM 66th Annual Meeting on October 28–31, 2021, in Atlanta, GA.

We welcome proposals from scholars who engage with sound studies broadly defined, from a wide variety of methodological and theoretical approaches. As part of our work as a section, we also invite people to submit abstracts for possible panel matchmaking. For this to happen, try to send proposals our way soon enough for our conference committee to have time to make a decision (see deadlines below)

Please submit abstracts of 200 to 250 words to dhat...@berklee.edu and davind...@g.harvard.edu by February 5, 2021. We also welcome panel proposals, which should consist of an abstract for the panel as well as separate abstracts for each paper within the panel.

DJH