Sound Studies Section SEM 2021 Panels of Interest

D.J. Hatfield

Oct 26, 2021, 2:33:12 AM10/26/21
to sound-...@googlegroups.com
Members and Friends of the Sound Studies Section

Below is more information concerning the SEM annual meetings, which begin on Thursday! Read the email below for panels of interest and a notice of our business meeting time. See you at SEM!

Panels of Interest SEM 2021 meetings

Thursday 28th October

2G Music and Sound Studies: Anthropocene

(begins 10:45)

Also during this block, 2C New Materialism looks interesting

4B Acoustemologies (begins 16:00)

4D Soundscapes (begins 16:00)

**20:00 – 22:00 Sound Studies Section Meeting

Friday 29th October

5I Sonic Relationality in Uncertain Times (co-sponsored by Sound Studies Section and the Medical Ethnomusicology Special Interest Group; begins 08:30)

7I Sounding Trauma (begins 13:45)

Saturday 30th October

9D Caring, Bonding, Reading: Herding Music as Sounding Animal-Human-Environment Relations (begins 08:30)

Also during this block, 9J Soundscapes of American Gentrification should resonate with many members of the section (begins 08:30)

10I Unsounding Safety with the ‘Noise’ of Islam (begins 10:45)

Sunday 31st October

11B Acoustemologies of Care and Control (Sponsored by the Sound Studies Section; begins 08:30)

--
DJ W Hatfield / 施永德

Please Note: I am currently on the faculty of the Graduate Institute of Musicology at Taiwan National University 施永德已經離開伯克利,目前在
國立台灣大學音樂學研究所任副教授職
Please direct your email to 請以 djh...@gmail.com email 我。多謝!
Thank you! Aray!

Ama Oforiwaa Aduonum

Jan 22, 2023, 11:05:16 PM1/22/23
to sound-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Is anyone interested in forming a panel for SEM?
I am working on the dual effects of sound . . one that haunts and traumatizes at the same time that it heals and calms, based on my work at former dungeons for enslaved Africans.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Best regards,
Ama