Call for nominations for Sound Studies Section secretary and member-at-large

Rujing “Stacy” Huang

Mar 2, 2023, 11:52:45 AM3/2/23
to Sound Studies
Dear members of the SEM Sound Studies Section,

Now that we have closed the nomination process for the incoming Section co-chair, we are starting to accept nominations for the positions of Section secretary and member-at-large. Please nominate yourself or others!

A description of the responsibilities of each is listed below. We welcome nominations of scholars at various stages of their career, across institutions, and with different takes on sound studies. We look forward to welcoming the new leadership team!

The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 17, 2023.

Very best,
Rujing

----
Responsibilities of Officers
Secretary
- Prepares agenda for annual meeting in coordination with the Co-chairs
- Prepares and submits minutes of proceedings for approval of all business meetings for subsequent distribution to membership
- Records attendance at the Section meeting
- Coordinates online nominations and voting for Section elections
- Serves as chair for communications committee

Member at Large
- Serves as chair for Conference Panel and Curatorial Committees

Committees
The Secretary chairs the Communications Committee. Other standing committees will be chaired by the Member at Large

Communications Committee
Maintains and monitors the Section listserv, Develops and maintains the Section website, assists Curatorial Committee with call for proposals and promotion for SoundingBoard

Curatorial Committee
Works with the SEM conference local arrangements committee to secure a venue for SoundingBoard, solicits proposals and chooses pieces for SoundingBoard, Works with Communications Committee to promote SoundingBoard

Conference Panel Committee
In coordination with Section Chair, the Conference Panel Committee solicits panel proposals for conferences and makes decisions on Section sponsorship for panels