Sounding Board 2023 Themes

Jacob Sunshine

Feb 24, 2023, 1:41:38 PM2/24/23
to Sound Studies
Hello all,

The Sounding Board Curatorial Committee needs your help deciding on a theme for this year's Sounding Board! We have tried to craft a set of capacious themes that would provide some structure, but be open ended enough for ethnographers, sound artists, graduate and undergraduate students, and field recordists alike to contribute. Please vote for the theme that you like best below by 5 PM, Sunday, February 26th. Once a theme has been decided upon, the Curatorial Committee will craft a CFP that will be sent out at the beginning of March. Thank you!

Winnie W. C. Lai

Feb 24, 2023, 1:45:37 PM2/24/23
to sound-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jacob,

Thanks for the message but I cannot open the link... It says I need "permission" (attached a screenshot). Could you help to fix it? Thank you very much!

Also, are we going to meet virtually as a committee member by the end of this month? Thank you!

Best,
Winnie

Winnie W. C. Lai (She/Her/Hers)

PhD Candidate (Ethnomusicology, Sound Studies)

Benjamin Franklin Fellow (2018-2022, 2023-2024)

Tarnopol Graduate Fellow (2020-2021)

Department of Music, University of Pennsylvania

Andrew W. Mellon Mid-Doctoral Fellow in Digital Humanities (2022-2023)

Price Lab, University of Pennsylvania

Email: winn...@sas.upenn.edu

Website: winniesound.info

#SoundStudies #SonicActivism #HongKongProtests #NativeHongkonger

Current location: Philadelphia, USA (GMT-5)

Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 1.43.02 PM.png