My downloads from one user keep randomly stopping.

Colin S

Mar 7, 2021, 1:39:48 AM3/7/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I am using SoulseekQT for mac build 2016.4.24

So im downloading quite a bit of files from one user (with his permission to grab as much as I want) they live in Australia while I am over in Canada so the speed is a little slow to begin with but manageable...

The problem is, it will be downloading just fine for about 5 or 6 songs. Then it just stops downloading... then I hit retry and it starts right back up again no problems.... then will stop again after a random number of songs... retry and continues just fine at the same speed... repeat repeat repeat. So If I actually want to download what I want from this guy, I need to sit there and watch for when it stops downloading to hit retry instead of just letting it download like I should be able to do...

WTF is going on? Ive never had this problem before and it has nothing to do with a Queue problem. I have tried it both with my VPN connected and not connected... this is a problem because this is a big collection I am trying to download and would like to be able to let it sit overnight etc. But I only get about 4 minutes or so at a time of it downloading with no problems, then retry, just fine, retry, just fine. etc etc.

Need some help please.

Yuri Hellsing

Mar 7, 2021, 1:47:18 AM3/7/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Do they slow to a crawl then abort? cause I am having a similar issue.

Colin S

Mar 7, 2021, 1:59:06 AM3/7/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
They don't really slow down at all and they stay blue, they dont abort, seems to download just fine and then it just stops downloading the rest of the files. Will download a random amount of songs, and then just stop and not download the next song of the album and just stops and wont download another song until I press retry

Palto

Dec 25, 2021, 10:58:00 AM12/25/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Same problem here, SoulseekQt win/2019-7-22. Seems to only happen with some users.

scatt...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2021, 4:27:53 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I have the same, again only with some users, on Win/2019-10-9 - not many users so it's not a big deal for me, but I'll be downloading an album and I'll notice that it's not downloading (there are no part-downloaded tracks, it has finished the tracks it downloaded), if I retry it downloads fine. Maybe it would restart on its own if I was more patient, I have no idea.

vehscle

Jan 1, 2022, 10:21:47 PM1/1/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
It could be on the other end of the connection - it's possible that some part of their network is set to timeout when ftp is trickling. If it's frustrating enough you could try finding the same material from another user with a faster connection, if it's available.