SLSK not working on Win 10

valentin salja

Jul 4, 2016, 5:17:21 PM7/4/16
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Hi,

Soulseek stopped working yesterday. Got the latest version from the downloads it won't even start it keeps crashing (not responding).
Uninstalled, cleaned, got a fresh copy, installed it still won't work. Anybody else having this prob?

alexande...@googlemail.com

Jul 5, 2016, 8:11:17 AM7/5/16
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Just installed 16.4.24 on Windows 10 (should be up to date) and it's working for me. If this is the build you're using then this suggestst that it's not a general Windows 10 issue.

Nir Arbel

Jul 5, 2016, 2:16:13 PM7/5/16
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Is it in the hidden part of your tray?

MELERIX

Jul 5, 2016, 3:22:13 PM7/5/16
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
maybe you have SoulseekQt configs corrupted, so try to cleanup this folder: "%LOCALAPPDATA%\SoulseekQt".

that should solve the issue.

thewhi...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2016, 7:01:37 PM7/7/16
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
hey there
been to the same trouble as you are now , last year after one month ,i upgraded to windows 10 ,it also kept crashing ,now i'm back to windows8 and i can download from everyone but 30% of users who are trying to upload from me ,their uploads are either failed aborted,refused,annulated the rest of the users can upload without problems

i suggest that you do the same as me go back to windows 8 and it'll probably work ,well it worked for me , and most other software that worked well under win 8 win 7 even vista and xp had also the same problem crashing under win 10 i mean

greetz
nexus6

Andrew Hacking

Jul 16, 2022, 1:25:08 AM7/16/22