soulseek-client.dat file corrupt

Don Sticksel

Jun 22, 2024, 5:00:21 PM (10 days ago) Jun 22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I've been having trouble opening soulseek on my Macbook Air. (M1, 2020, running Sonoma 14.1). It would just hang and I'd have to force quit. Updating/downgrading to different versions had no effect. After poking around here, I found all the files so I could delete and do a clean install, (keeping my soulseek-client.dat files in a seperate folder). This worked, but all my download info and saved users were gone. When I moved the soulseek-client.dat files back, it stopped working again. I tried using each of the 3 backups, but each one stalled the launch.

I have Soulseek on my Mac Mini, but obvs the client data is different. I mean, it's fine if that's what I have to use as it has some of the same user info saved, but is there anyway to get the info back for my Air?