hi ! Slsk Crush my M1 PRO Macbook

DJ Asi-C Official - דיג'יי אסי סי

Dec 28, 2021, 8:44:43 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
just got a brand new macbook pro 14" - 16gb - 1ssd - M1 PRO 10" Core
slsk freezes the entire Opration system and the mac did a restart by himself
Anyone got this issue ?
thanks

DJ Asi-C Official - דיג'יי אסי סי

Dec 28, 2021, 8:45:20 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Opration system - Monterey

William Woollard

Dec 28, 2021, 8:56:58 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
SoulseekQT doesn't seem to be working for many people on macOS recently.. In the meantime maybe you could try to use Nicotine+ client as people seem to be having better luck with that.

William Woollard

Dec 28, 2021, 9:00:26 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
There is also another client called slskd that runs on docker, but I have never used it myself.... https://github.com/slskd/slskd
If you have success with either of those clients on macOS please let us know.

Jacob Skoglund

Dec 28, 2021, 8:39:59 PM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
+2 with it crashing.

nicotine+ seems to work for me

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tex Bjorn

Jan 1, 2022, 9:57:48 AM1/1/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I found that limiting the max search results to like "20" prevents crashes. It still gets hung up for minutes at a time (sometimes MANY minutes), but no crashes over heavy use the past week.

But it would be really nice for this to get fixed, I don't know if there's any logs or anything we can share that would be helpful.

vehscle

Jan 1, 2022, 9:50:33 PM1/1/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Agreed with some of the above - Nicotine+ works better on Mac and Linux distros.