[macOS] Dark Mode Text Hard to Read

Connor Toliver

Feb 17, 2021, 7:08:36 PM2/17/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Hi, recently I downloaded the 2021.2.6. build for macOS. I really appreciate the changes; however, the text is very straining on the eyes on the Transfers tab. Is it possible to change the font color to white, specifically on this page? The font color changes for every page except Transfers.

soulseekqt.jpg

Best—
CT

Nir Arbel

Feb 19, 2021, 12:59:09 AM2/19/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Hi Connor,

Is your problem specifically with files that have a Downloading status? I can see other status colors OK but I do agree that the dark blue associated with 'Downloading' is hard to see. If it's the same for you I can set it to a lighter shade of blue.

Connor Toliver

Feb 19, 2021, 8:49:47 AM2/19/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Hi Nir,

Thank you for the response. Yes, you are correct. Files which are downloading are especially difficult to read. For context, I'm colorblind (protanopia). It's a weird phenomenon, but when it's only queued downloads, it looks fine. When a file begins downloading, both the queued and downloading songs become more straining on the eyes. I believe this happens because the colors are too close to each other (the Queued colors, the Downloading colors, and the background).

anencephalic

Jan 10, 2022, 6:21:33 PM1/10/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I have also recently switched to SouklseekQT 2021.2.6 on MacOS Monterey.  I see that this topic is almost a year old, but the problem persists.  I am not colorblind, but my eyes are old.  The dark blue text on a nearly black background (for items currently downloading) is nearly impossible for me to read.  Cranking my monitor's video controls doesn't help much.  If there is no place in the UI or a config file to customize the colors, I'm willing to change individual bytes in the app binary if necessary.  Can you help?