Rooms

TheCountOfAlDente

Jul 31, 2022, 9:29:00 PM7/31/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Problem #1: This is new. Most of the time I can't get to rooms, even the one I created, and the menu choice tabs at the top of the window are gone. Then occasionally they are there.

Problem #2: In the room I created, is there a way to block individuals? Kitty Sunderland appeared today recently. All of her files are beastiality videos. I blocked her from my account, but want her out of the room.
Message has been deleted

Nir Arbel

Aug 1, 2022, 12:04:59 AM8/1/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Yeah, the action bar design is not good, sorry about that. The options should reappear if the room list is in focus, ie. if you click on it. Public rooms don't actually belong to anyone so you can't remove other users from them. You can create a private room by checking 'create private room' when creating the room, after which you'll be able to add other users as members as long as they choose to accept private room invitations from the action bar beforehand.

TheCountOfAlDente

Aug 1, 2022, 5:42:19 PM8/1/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Thanks. I don't even get the list of rooms. Right now the whole page is blank.

As long as I have your attention...  A few suggestions for the next revision (Mac).

On the Notification Sounds window, add the statement: Must be a .wav file.

Increase the CPU allotment (whatever it might be called) so SLSK doesn't crash
during larger searches, or from any heavier activity.

On my laptop (running OSX 10.12), I'm constantly getting the spinning beach ball ,
no matter what I'm doing. It might be just four keystrokes or, scrolling
through a window, switching window tabs, etc. Often times it's spinning for more than
a minute. Possibly it's a problem with my computer, but I've noticed other Mac users have the same problem.

The app also will freeze for a while. Sometimes transfers will resume, other times
they're aborted, both for me and my users.

An improved search engine, so we can use quotation marks to filter out the unwanted.

Whenever I shut down my computer, SLSK no longer recognizes my file sharing choices
(from ext. drives) anymore when I restart. Re-scanning doesn't always solve the problem.
It also creates a new download folder, elsewhere on the drive. Earlier on, when I was selecting
a drive to share from, all of them would appear in the first drop-down window. Now it's been
only recognizing a few of the drives. Then I discovered that in the window, I now have to select
the icon for the laptop, "MacBook Pro" to see all of the drives.

It would be helpful too, when re-scanning drives, I could select just one drive to scan. It seems
that no matter which drive I select, SLSK will just scan the first drive listed. I think.

Do you currently have any plans for revisions?

Thanks.

Nir Arbel

Aug 1, 2022, 7:15:45 PM8/1/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
My biggest concern right now is definitely the freezes on Mac, which I haven't been able to reproduce so far on two different laptops. It hasn't occurred to me before but you might be able to get a stack trace of the client app when it's freezing by following the instructions here:

If you're able to get one or more of these and post them in this thread it might give us some kind of clue. If we get anything useful I might be able to send you different builds to try out and see if it improves the situation any.

Regarding memory allotment for large searches, the client uses an in-memory database that isn't very efficient. I already phased it out for browsed shares as those can be massive, and I might phase it out for searches in the future as well. Searches are limited to 10,000 results by default which means it's not as much of a problem, but you can try lowering that number even further under Options->File Sharing for the time being.

The room list not showing is definitely weird. Is it possible the room list panel is completely minimized? You can try dragging on the right edge of the app window to see if it'll open again. You can also try clicking 'Reset window and column size settings' under Options->UI to restore the UI to its original state.

We can look into the smaller issues later on.

Thanks, Nir

MakeItSoundOldSchool

Aug 2, 2022, 12:18:28 AM8/2/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I found that search with symbol  "_" isn't delimiter. Example: "name_project_-_name_track.mp3" this file name without .mp3 will be considered full word. And probably symbol dot and dash: "name-project.-.name-track.mp3" so, that's is not completely a full search. Also, I've noticed that search with special symbols output small results. Such as: '('; ')'; '.'; '!'; '?'; '@' etc
Tested in 2019.07.22
I don't know how work a search and whether there have regular expression in code for search. If not, it would be nice update code

Is there even API to server? Just i offen search rare tracks and i need deep search

вторник, 2 августа 2022 г. в 05:15:45 UTC+6, Nir Arbel: