Any good config for reducing power usage in idle?

random random

Jan 1, 2022, 6:24:24 PM1/1/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
OS win10
slskqt build 2019.7.22

I'm pursuing low power while running the client when I'm not using the computer. So, any one know if there are some levers and knows in configuration to make the program lower its cpu usage?

I'm actually being very pedantic here, the processing is already in lower single digits % of cpu time, but I'm looking also at the package c6 state on my cpu (ryzen 2600), when it gets >0, it means the cpu is in its deep sleep state, thus saving "some" power.

Any help or inside is welcome.

vehscle

Jan 1, 2022, 9:46:03 PM1/1/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Not sure how much it would help, but if you have items on your wishlist you could go to Search->Wish List Searches-> and select 'Disable All Wish List Searches' when you're away. It's set to auto-search at a specific interval otherwise.

It's possible that lowering the u/l and d/l speeds would reduce drive use, and therefore overall power consumption, but I'm not sure about the CPU.