soulseek not lauching

elecronicq qcinorcele

Apr 9, 2020, 2:41:19 PM4/9/20
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
hello,

my soulseek isn't lauching... it launches after an OS restart (win10pro) won't ask to login and fails to relaunch after closing/opening.

it launches after an OS restart but behaviour persists... already reinstalled with no avail... any hints?

thank you,

bss...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2020, 10:23:48 AM4/11/20
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Same behaviour here since yesterday

elecronicq qcinorcele

Apr 11, 2020, 3:39:33 PM4/11/20
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
server down?..

dlev...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2020, 10:48:01 AM4/12/20
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Have uninstalled and reinstalled many times the last few days in both 32 and 64 bits but nothing works. QT loads and then stops working, can't click on nothing. In task manager I see it going from ok to not responding every few seconds. Was working fine a few days ago.

thomas.e...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2020, 2:10:31 PM4/25/20
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
same problem, can launch after a restart, but if I close the app, it wont reopen. win 10 pro 64bit build 18363.778 + soulseek latest build.
App also doesn't show up in  c/users/my profile/desktop.
re launching from taskbar / desktop icon / and 'program files (x86)' folder doesnt work.
App is allowed by firewall.

thomas.e...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2020, 5:54:37 PM4/25/20
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but I just realized that after closing soulseek, it can be reopened on my system by using the upward arrow (hidden icons) next to wifi and volume settings at the bottom right of the task bar.

Beatrice A

Jan 6, 2022, 9:46:19 AM1/6/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
This worked for me! Thank you

scatt...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2022, 9:06:50 AM1/7/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
ohh, i see what's happening here - when you click the X, it does NOT actually close, it just minimises it to there. So you can't launch it because it's already running. To ACTUALLY close it you need to do that bottom right thing and right-click on the icon there.