Port Forwarding worked perfectly for 2 years. Now this.

Jon

Aug 4, 2021, 8:58:27 AM8/4/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I successfully configured port forwarding maybe two years ago and Soulseek had been working perfectly since then. The other day I unplugged the surge protector for my xFinity modem and Deco router. After plugging it back in I noticed that no one was downloading from me anymore which is extremely odd since I usually have 3-5 users downloading from me 24 hours a day. I was sharing and would like to continue to share 520,346 files.

So I clicked on "Check Ports" to see the message:

"IP: 68.59.70.98 Port: 50316/tcp CLOSED. Your router and/or Soulseek client needs to be configured correctly."

But I have not changed any settings. So I don't know which if any setting I need to change to fix this.

Soulseek settings:

port 50315
Obfuscated port is 50316
Server port 2416

xFinity modem port forwarding settings:

Protocol TCP/UDP
Port number 2
Port Range 30-31
Protocol: TCP/UDP
Port Number 2416
Protocol TCP/UDP
Port Range 50315-50316
Protocol TCP/UDP

DECO router port forwarding settings:

Internal Port 31
External Port 31
Protocol: All

I use Soulseek with MacOS Big Sur version 11.5

elt...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2021, 3:25:13 AM8/5/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Sorry, I did not mean to reply in private.

As I said you might be behind a cgnat, but looking at your post I've noticed something - on soulseek you are using ports 50315-50316 but in the deco router you are only forwarding port 31. Have you made a mistake copying and pasting or maybe you have to redirect ports  50315-50316 in your deco router?

Jon

Aug 5, 2021, 6:48:05 AM8/5/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Thank you for replying. I changed the ports on deco to 50315 and 50316. I also changed the ports on xFinity router to the same. It didn't work. If I recall correctly deco support advised me to make the internal and external ports the same number in the config settings. Which is odd because in the xFinity router settings it's a range 30-31. But it worked for a long time.

Francis Pilkington

Aug 19, 2021, 4:13:55 PM8/19/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
1st setup a DHCP lease so 192.168.1.2 for example.
2nd Disable UPnP
Then ...

xFinity modem port forwarding settings:

Protocol TCP/UDP
IP Address 192.168.1.2 (Your computer)
Port Range 50315-50316

Then Apply and Reboot

Check the port status via soulseek to see if them ports are open.

This is what i have on my OpenWrt router what should be the same as anything really. port 2416 is soulseek server and dont need to port forward.

Francis Pilkington

Aug 19, 2021, 4:28:35 PM8/19/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Sorry forgot to mention two things.

External Port 50315-50316 but Port Range 50315-50316 should work without External but try botg with or without.
Last thing;
Important note to Xfinity users: You may have to turn off the xFi advanced security feature on your connection to prevent your downloads from aborting

Also check for any firewall on the computer, If so allow 50315 and 50316 TCP/UDP