Can't login to soulseek

Pat J

Apr 6, 2019, 1:06:17 PM4/6/19
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Hi all,

i use the soulseekQT 2018.11.16, i cant login, the bird is still red...
i have this error message:

Login failed. Reported failure reason: socket error. Please change your login settings in the Options tab and try reconnecting.

thanks for help

Pat J

Apr 8, 2019, 8:18:12 AM4/8/19
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
i have uninstalled soulseek and cleaned the registry as well as any windows entries, then reinstalled with a new login, without success

Help will be appreciated

my soulseek version: soulseekQT 2018.11.16

thanks to all

lango...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2019, 8:12:49 PM4/26/19
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Hi !

I've got the 2017-2-20 version but I get the same error. :(
It's been 2 weeks and I tried everything I could think of (and didn't find any real fix anywhere on the threads) : ran CCleaner a thousand times, manually deleted .dat files, uninstalled, checked firewall.
Nothing seems to work and I still can't login...

Please give news if you find an efficient fix, I'll do if it works for me.
Thanks

lango...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2019, 3:50:22 PM4/29/19
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Apparently the problem comes from my network, but I don't know how to fix it yet. It works on other networks but soulseek doesn't want mine.

Bendef SLatt

Apr 29, 2019, 4:01:33 PM4/29/19
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I’m having the same issue . Let us know if you figure it out ...

dickeve...@gmail.com

May 6, 2019, 4:12:54 AM5/6/19
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Had the same issue several times. What worked for me was just resetting my router. Can't explain this technically (internet kept on working fine), but just turn of your router, wait a minute and power in on and... you can login to soulseek again!

lango...@gmail.com

May 6, 2019, 4:39:25 AM5/6/19
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
It works for me now, even with my old network (the one that had the bug) but I can't relate to this because I don't use a router : I use my phone for the connection (yeah I know it sucks but I have no other choice).

graen...@gmail.com

May 14, 2019, 1:01:20 AM5/14/19
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Hey Pat J,

I have been encountering this issue since last month with soulseek unlike mathgoodies.com/ where I don't have any problem at all.