Cannot share music with symbols or other language characters in the filename!

Stefan Queen

Apr 21, 2022, 10:40:17 PM4/21/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Hello all,

Hoping someone might know a fix for this? Trying to share music folders with symbols doesn't seem to work. I can confirm my localization settings are up to date on my system (russian, japanese, spanish, etc.), however when I try to share the folders within soulseek, they show up as black boxes, meaning there may be some sort of a unicode issue?
s1.PNGs2.PNGs3.PNG

Stefan Queen

Apr 25, 2022, 10:09:51 PM4/25/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
It looks like this has been an issue with soulseekqt for quite some time. This post was from back in 2013. Have there been any changes since then?
Capture.PNG

Tamás Kovács

Jun 27, 2022, 2:00:00 AM6/27/22
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS - QT build 2018.1.30
This issue is still present. I have also found old posts on the forum regarding the linux builds, and seeing the range of dates It's safe to say that unfotunately, this problem has existed for a long time. Some kind of patch would still be appreciated though, because as the situation is right now the linux users are isolated from anything that contains more complicated letters or symbols.