Search weirdness

Bobaholic

Dec 28, 2021, 8:40:28 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
When I use search term 'bob dylan' I get zero results returned.
When I just search 'dylan' I get lots of results.

When I use search terms  'the beatles', 'beatles', 'with the beatles' I get zero results returned.

Can anyone explain this weirdness?

Martin Kauber

Dec 28, 2021, 8:43:27 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
dunno why the search is so wonky... maybe Nir enabled some sort of word blacklist, really don't know

eg. Chvrches yields zero results as well

William Woollard

Dec 28, 2021, 8:49:23 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
There is a blacklist of bands that do not return results, I have heard people mention Beatles and others before, but I have never seen a full list of prohibited search strings, and don't know if it is only music artists or if some TV and Movies are also blocked... maybe they want to keep that to themselves.. if anyone knows of a publicly available list please share. You can try a search for album/song titles and that could help find a user with a collection of the artist you are looking for.

Bobaholic

Dec 28, 2021, 9:02:02 AM12/28/21
to Soulseek Technical Discussion
I have been circumventing it exactly like that.

Thanks for the replies!