Another great show!

Anne Godfrey

May 14, 2010, 4:20:36 PM5/14/10
to j5kr...@earthlink.net, chris lang, sotr-...@googlegroups.com, clf_m...@yahoo.com, worldj...@aol.com, Mari Lu Shore, tabitha...@yahoo.com, cagri...@gmail.com, aydanur...@gmail.com, erik...@yahoo.com, Yvonne Duda, jger...@gmail.com, fiz...@hotmail.com, Cathy Silliman, petea...@hotmail.com, maria.m...@yahoo.com, story...@gmail.com, bethfi...@hotmail.com, Erik Lisk, ballq...@yahoo.com, Rebecca Clarke, eilis...@hotmail.com, kyu...@metu.edu.tr, gildh...@yahoo.com, clayfb...@gmail.com, carolineh...@hotmail.com, deena...@gmail.com, kiva...@yahoo.com, jmhm...@aol.com, kcla...@live.com, anadolu...@yahoo.com, Anthony Godfrey
Well, two down and one to go!  Well done again everyone - you all played a blinder.

Thanks so much to tonight's volunteers - Elizabeth, Richard, and Julie.  Yvonne, MariLu and I managed to get out to see some parts of the show thanks to your help.  Thanks also to the snack providers tonight - Chris, Handan, and Cathy (if I missed anyone it's because I didn't know you brought something - sorry).  Keeping everyone's energy up is so important.  Maria - I saw you in the make-up room when I arrived  - thank you again.

I believe I may have missed a couple of people in my thanks last night (an unfortunate consequence of trying to keep track of everyone who is there and what they are doing.  Rebecca, we missed those broken-legged Gingerbread men tonight.  You are now completely forgiven for the cookie thing and I was just jealous I did not get to eat one!  You also dived in where help was needed in the lightning-speed costume changes for the Princesses.  Casey Clarke (big sister to Kelly aka Aladdin and Sarah-Kate aka Timon) just back from college in the USA was also there last night and I saw her wielding a lipstick at many a reluctant monkey/hyena/thief but taking no nonsense - I wonder where she got that from???

I do try to make sure everyone is recognised for their efforts and if anyone knows of someone I miss out on please do let me know.

Cliff, Brianna, and Calvin Thomas - what can I say.  You guys rock!  I particularly love the addition of the phone light to the closing number and that light-footed rhumba (or is it a samba) you do across the stage at the end.  Now I know where to go for choreographers next year!!

I am often the mean backstage manager - I apologise profusely if I ever offend anyone in my efforts so keep the noise down (especially when I yell at people for banging the dressing room door during scene changes)  and make sure people do not miss their cues, and do not go on as hyenas when they are supposed to be fish or harem girls.  I think you are all great and if the audience tonight is anything to go by, so do the public.

Go get 'em on Sunday!!!

Anne (aka Mrs. Godfrey)

Anne Godfrey

May 16, 2010, 2:30:25 AM5/16/10
to j5kr...@earthlink.net, chris lang, sotr-...@googlegroups.com, clf_m...@yahoo.com, worldj...@aol.com, Mari Lu Shore, tabitha...@yahoo.com, cagri...@gmail.com, aydanur...@gmail.com, erik...@yahoo.com, Yvonne Duda, jger...@gmail.com, fiz...@hotmail.com, Cathy Silliman, petea...@hotmail.com, maria.m...@yahoo.com, story...@gmail.com, bethfi...@hotmail.com, Erik Lisk, ballq...@yahoo.com, Rebecca Clarke, eilis...@hotmail.com, kyu...@metu.edu.tr, gildh...@yahoo.com, clayfb...@gmail.com, carolineh...@hotmail.com, deena...@gmail.com, kiva...@yahoo.com, jmhm...@aol.com, kcla...@live.com, anadolu...@yahoo.com, Anthony Godfrey
Hello all,

Well, here we are down to our last show.  Please be at the theater no later than 12:30 for our 1:30 start. Yvonne, Tabitha, MariLu, Handan, and I are backstage this afternoon.  Cliff - we will be sending you out to watch the show today (at least the two scenes that Jordyn and Marlo are in, but stay for the whole show if you like).  Calvin and Brianna are familiar enough with what needs to be done and the rest of us can pitch in from the side.  We have also been offered the extra muscle of Ben Silliman (Cathy can you please send him backstage to us).  Go take pictures!!

I'm sorry I cannot remember who is bringing snacks/water for the performance, but just go ahead and put them back stage.  Anything people are bringing for the cast party please do not put backstage.  Put it all covered in the room downstairs ("make-up" room) when you arrive and hopefully we'll be able to put it all up on the 5th floor before the show starts.  The cast party will start around 4pm, after the show, and parents should be there to pick up your children between 5 and 5:30pm.  THANKS!

Today you must bring home all the costume parts that you brought with you to the show.  Please do not forget anything.  Any costume parts that were provided by the theatre should be left (on hangers, if possible, but at the very least on a chair) in the changing rooms or on the couches outside the changing rooms.  Please do not bring those home.  Anyone who donated props can take them today or come along on clean-up night to take them.  Please make sure that theatre props are left on the prop shelves.

CLEAN-UP NIGHT.  This has to be done by us, the parents.  The backstage has to be cleaned up (yes, I know it was not done properly before we used the theatre, but I want to leave it not as we found it, if you know what I mean).  Actually, it really is just putting away the costumes and props.  The set pieces will have to be broken down - Cliff maybe you can direct us in that?  I'd like to do this on Tuesday night so unless there is a conflict with the theatre, which I will check out with Clay later on, anyone who can help out should meet at the theatre at 7:30 on Tuesday (18th May) for about an hour and a half.  Please let me know if you can be there.

Finally, please talk to your kids about being focused and paying attention to their cues this afternoon.  The show will be recorded today so it needs to be a good one!  Break a leg everyone!!

Take care and see you all later,
Anne

Anne Godfrey

May 20, 2010, 9:46:08 AM5/20/10
to j5kr...@earthlink.net, chris lang, sotr-...@googlegroups.com, clf_m...@yahoo.com, worldj...@aol.com, Mari Lu Shore, tabitha...@yahoo.com, cagri...@gmail.com, aydanur...@gmail.com, erik...@yahoo.com, Yvonne Duda, jger...@gmail.com, fiz...@hotmail.com, Cathy Silliman, petea...@hotmail.com, maria.m...@yahoo.com, story...@gmail.com, bethfi...@hotmail.com, Erik Lisk, ballq...@yahoo.com, Rebecca Clarke, eilis...@hotmail.com, kyu...@metu.edu.tr, gildh...@yahoo.com, clayfb...@gmail.com, carolineh...@hotmail.com, deena...@gmail.com, kiva...@yahoo.com, jmhm...@aol.com, kcla...@live.com, anadolu...@yahoo.com, anne.g...@eu.dodea.edu
Hello all,

Well the clean-up is done.  Thanks so much to Clay and Vern for getting the big stuff out of the way.  Thanks to Tim, EIlis, Julie, and Margie for getting me out of there before 9pm on Tuesday night!!

I now have a very large black bag full of clothing that was left behind.  I will bring it to the rummage sale on Saturday morning at the school HOCA and you can come and locate any items you may have left behind.  If you cannot make it there I will have the bag in my classroom for a couple of days after, then I will be donating whatever is not claimed to the Refugee Thrift Shop at Church.

As soon as I have word of the DVD I will let you all know (or Clay will).

Thanks everyone - hope to see many of you next year.
Anne