viewing Sophie2 books in the browser?

Bill McCoy

Aug 20, 2010, 12:02:27 PM8/20/10
to sophie2-users
The website says that books may be viewed in the browser. However, the
demo books all appear to be download-only, I see no examples of
browser viewable books. I installed the Sophie Platform and looked at
some books in the Reader but don't see anything about browser
deployment. What gives?

Dan Visel

Aug 20, 2010, 12:17:28 PM8/20/10
to sophie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

To view Sophie books in an applet inside the browser, you must be using them inside of Sophie Server. You might look at the section of documentation on Sophie Server:

http://www.sophie2.org/users/help/SophieServer/01_WorkingWithSophieServer.html

Basically: you need to run Sophie Server, save your book on Sophie Server, then navigate inside your browser to your installation of Sophie Server.

yours,
Dan