Secondary indexes support commited for v2.2

Dmitry Simonenko

Apr 15, 2016, 9:31:58 AM4/15/16
to Sophia database
Commit: https://github.com/pmwkaa/sophia/commit/2fd43031fce2ee83b9468d0947e5476bd762c52f

If you have any questions, i would love to provide more details.

Vladimir Zorin

May 29, 2016, 6:45:05 AM5/29/16
to Sophia database

If you have any questions, i would love to provide more details.

Great news! But I do have a couple of questions =)
When 2.2 release is due? and will this functionality be merged into tarantool sophia engine?

And, if I may, I have a couple of other questions, not related to secondary indexes...
Sophia site says that sophia is ready for production, robust, and can handle terabytes of data. At the same time, Kostia Osipov from tarantool project mentioned a few times in tarantool mailing lists, that
sophia engine in tarantool is not that mature, and they are not sure if it can handle large amounts of data, and so on. So, what's the real status quo? Can I use tarantool sophia engine in production?

And one last question: when we use multi-part primary key with sophia engine in tarantool, it is not possible to do lookups omitting some parts of the key, e.g.

space:create_index('id', { parts = { 1, 'NUM', 2, 'NUM' }} )
space:select({10}) will not work with sophia.

Do you plan to implement this kind of lookups, or is it impossible to do due to sophia architecture restrictions?

Dmitry Simonenko

May 29, 2016, 7:07:20 AM5/29/16
to Sophia database
Hi,

Sophia is a separate project and has nothing to do with Tarantool. Tarantool uses its own highly modified Sophia fork and i cant give any comments
on its reliability state. Please address these questions to the Tarantool team.

Lookups on a partly specified key is implemented in Sophia. It should work fine.

Ok, the project status. I would say that Sophia acts stable for some time already. Yet, I cannot say that it is production ready just because it is stable,
it should be tested and used in production for some reasonable time. This is something what I'm working on at the moment.
I will gladly give an annoncement with all the details when this happens.

Thank you for your interest.