Prof. Thomas Seillerの講義をご案内 5月28日ハイブリッド形式

Yuta Takahashi

May 24, 2024, 1:51:19 AMMay 24
to sonoteno
みなさま、

こんにちは、青森大学の高橋優太と申します。

慶應義塾大学・岡田光弘先生の代理として、以下のワークショップを
告知させていただきたく思います。ふるってご参加ください。

---------------
論理―計A算―哲学セミナーLogic-Computation-Philosophy Seminar

「プログラム」「アルゴリズム」「計算モデル」を「定義する」ことに関する

Prof. Thomas Seillerの講義をご案内させていただきます。

ハイブリッド形式

講義Title« Defining "program", "algorithm", and "model of computation"
— including a discussion on how models of linear logic emerge by
generalizing geometry of interaction and transcendental syntax
constructions »

We will put updated information in any, here.最新情報URL

https://abelard.flet.keio.ac.jp/2024/seminar_talk_202405

5月28日火曜日 17:30-19:00 May 28 Thuesday

慶應義塾大学三田キャンパス東館(東門の建物)4階オープンラボ

三田キャンパス:アクセス:[慶應義塾] (keio.ac.jp)
https://www.keio.ac.jp/ja/maps/mita.html

キャンパスマップ13番

At the Open-Lab, 4th floor of the East (Research) Building at the East
Gate of Mita-Campus of Keio University

Mita Campus: Keio University
https://www.keio.ac.jp/ja/maps/mita.html

Building # 13 on the Campus Map

要事前登録・Preregistration required

登録用のリンク Hybrid Meeting
https://forms.gle/cbPr2vQrJA4haVFW7

Speaker:Thomas Seiller -(CNRS-LIPN, IHPST)

Title of the Talk

« Defining "program", "algorithm", and "model of computation" —
including a discussion on how models of linear logic emerge by
generalizing geometry of interaction and transcendental syntax
constructions »

Abstract:

What is a model of computation? What is a program, an algorithm? While
theoretical computer science has been founded on computability theory,
the latter does not answer these questions. Indeed, it is a
mathematical theory of computable functions, and does not account for
computation itself. A symptomatic consequence is the notion of
Turing-completeness. This standard (sole?) equivalence between models
of computation is purely extensional: it does only care about what is
computed and not how, blind to complexity aspects and the question of
algorithmic completeness. More importantly, the theory of computation
is continuously growing further from how actual machines compute.

I will present a proposal for alternative foundations more faithful to
computer science practice and interests. This mathematisation of
computer science is grounded within the theory of dynamical systems,
focussing on *how* computation is performed rather than only on *what*
is computed. I will argue that it generalises computability theory
while still allowing to recover standard results.

This point of view can be used to:

provide a uniform account of several lower bounds from algebraic
complexity and strengthen them

define static analysis methods which can be implemented in usable tools

define families of linear realisability models (realisability models
for linear logic)

lead to a semantic approach of implicit computational complexity

propose a formal definition of the notion of algorithm

In this talk, I will focus on two aspects from this list, namely points 3 and 5:

First, I will explain how abstract programs give rise to models of
(fragments of) linear logic, generalising Jean-Yves Girard’s geometry
of interaction (or more recent transcendental syntax) constructions. I
will also explain how these technical developments shed a new light on
the question of defining logical constants.

Second, I will present the formal definition of algorithm that stems
from the approach, discuss its properties and provide a few examples.

問い合わせ先Logic-Computation-Philosophy Group, Dept. Philoophy Keio Univ

logic[AT]abelard.flet.keio.ac.jp  岡田光弘 峯島宏次