Chip CB2S / BK7231N replace to TYWE2S / ESP-02S or Flash ?

João Valente

Nov 23, 2022, 3:42:09 PM11/23/22
to TasmotaUsers
Good afternoon friends

 I bought GIRIER branded 16A smart plugs with CB2S / BK7231N Chip, is it better to replace with TYWE2S / ESP-02S chip or try to write OpenBK7231N/OpenBeken firmware?

 Thanks

Philip Knowles

Nov 24, 2022, 1:54:35 AM11/24/22
to João Valente, TasmotaUsers
It depends more on your soldering ability and what you want to use it for. If you use HA easier to go OpenBeken