Tasmota + ZB Bridge Pro + matter

Justin Adie

Apr 23, 2024, 6:29:49 AMApr 23
to SonoffUsers
Hi all

I was thinking of trying the zigbee bridge pro and matter together. But the stock firmware for the ZbBpro does not have matter support. Does anyone know the directives required to roll both bits of firmware support?

Thanks

Justin

Justin Adie

Apr 23, 2024, 7:19:02 AMApr 23
to SonoffUsers
For those searching for a similar solution, I used the tasmocompiler framework and added the following directives in step 4

#ifndef USE_MATTER_DEVICE
#define USE_MATTER_DEVICE
#endif
#ifndef FIRMWARE_ZBBRDGPRO
#define FIRMWARE_ZBBRDGPRO
#endif

You could equally do this in user_config_override.h if compiling from scratch in platformIO.,

To make life “easy” I first installed the native zigbee bridge pro firmware from the web installer. This pre-populated the berry file system with the files needed to flash the zigbee chip. I do not know whether this is actually required (the files can be loaded manually).

All the best
Justin