Sonoff RF Bridge V2 question

Laurentp

Apr 9, 2022, 11:55:10 PM4/9/22
to TasmotaUsers
Hi there,
simple question about Sonoff RF Bridge V2 - still supported by Tasmota?

Laurent

Philip Knowles

Apr 10, 2022, 12:48:05 AM4/10/22
to Laurentp, TasmotaUsers
If you check on Blakadder

You will find the answer is no.

Apr 11, 2022, 3:22:58 PM4/11/22
to TasmotaUsers
You (and that blakadder page) are partially right.
I googled yesterday, that
a). it is still on ESP8266, so flashing Tasmota is possible,
b). You can't flash "Portish" to companion MCU, but You CAN do a hardware mod, with 2 resistors, connecting IO pins of ESP directly to RF transmitter / receiver.

Find photo with 2 resistors in this thread:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/new-sonoff-rf-bridge-board-need-flashing-help/344326/17

That's one approach.
I've made same to V1 and it worked! It is not as elegant as flashing new firmware to MCU and doing no HW mod, but works too.

The other one could be(!!) to leave original firmware, and then connect to link between ESP and MCU. They MUST communicate some way to make this work as it works.
Could be even easier if they use I2C instead of serial (do they?).

Laurent

Philip Knowles

Apr 15, 2022, 8:12:27 AM4/15/22
to Laurentp, TasmotaUsers

It seems to use serial for comms. Portisch allows you to ‘learn’ codes from an existing remote which I’m not sure if your mod does.

The R2 is mentioned here

Sonoff RF Bridge 433 - Tasmota

But it’s not clear about the Portisch

Sent from Mail for Windows

Apr 19, 2022, 12:37:13 AM4/19/22
to TasmotaUsers
Did anyone already found correct settings for serial comm?
I am trying with USB->serial dongle connected to ESP Rx pin, but I got nonsense (non repeatable 100%) garbage. But I use 8N1 as bit setting.

Laurentp

Apr 19, 2022, 7:56:08 AM4/19/22
to TasmotaUsers
OK, some progress: using (analog :( ) osciloscope there are ~6.5ms data bursts on ESP Rx pin. It seems (to be confirmed!) that data rate is 19200, so "default" Tasmota setting for RF Bridge is ok.
Now will try to find (using original firmware) how Sonoff's firmware puts companion MCU in learn mode (2 bips, learn, one bip).