RE: Sonoff Mini R2, Switch off with Time delay or constant on

Message has been deleted

Philip Knowles

Jul 6, 2021, 5:04:39 AM7/6/21
to Markus Waldhauser, TasmotaUsers

As an aside, I’ve replaced all my ‘switches’ with ‘retractive switches’. The inputs are then buttons which makes life slightly easier with rules and stops the device getting out of ‘sync’ with the switch position.

This is an example of when Blink might be useful. Set BlinkCount 1 and BlinkTime  1800. If you ‘detach’ the switch and use it to trigger a Rule with power1 3 you will get the light switching off after 3 minutes – use power1 3 from MQTT/KNX too. You then need a rule which triggers on double press and sends power1 1 to keep the light on.

The Buttons and Switches and Rules pages explain how to interpret the different states.

Regards

Phil K

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jul 6, 2021, 7:45:54 AM7/6/21
to Markus Waldhauser, TasmotaUsers

Can solve some of it with

On power1#state=1 do backlog var1 4; var2 0 endon

On power1#state=0 do backlog var1 3; var2 1 endon

Rule x ON Switch1#State=2 DO Power1 %var1% endon; (no need for backlog by the way)

Rule 1 ON Switch1#State=3  DO Power1 %var2%  endon (Switch permanent on)

Don’t think that will work. Will get back to you later.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jul 7, 2021, 5:28:43 AM7/7/21
to Markus Waldhauser, TasmotaUsers

Well done. I was about to send you another set replacing the rule timer with Blink

I’m not sure about the highlighted ones though. In each case the trigger is the same as the next command

In Basic Rule 1 would be

If

power2=on

then

let power2=on

let ruletimer1 =180

end

Backlog SetOption114 1; SwitchMode 8; SwitchTopic 0; rule1 1
Rule1 ON power2#state=1 DO Backlog Power2 on; RuleTimer1 180 ENDON ON Rules#Timer=1 DO Power2 off ENDON

Rule2 1
Rule2 ON power2#state=1 DO backlog Power1 1; var1 0 endon ON power2#state=0 DO backlog Power1 0; var1 1 endon ON power1#state=1 DO backlog Power1 1; var1 0 endon ON power1#state=0 DO backlog Power1 0; var1 1 endon

Rule3 1
Rule3 ON Switch1#State=2 Do Power2 %var1% endon ON Switch1#State=3 Do Power1 %var1% endon ON Switch1#State=2 Do Power1 %var1% endon

So rules should be (I might be wrong though)

Backlog SetOption114 1; SwitchMode 8; SwitchTopic 0; rule1 1
Rule1 ON power2#state=1 DO RuleTimer1 180 ENDON ON Rules#Timer=1 DO Power2 off ENDON

Rule2 1
Rule2 ON power2#state=1 DO backlog Power1 1; var1 0 endon ON power2#state=0 DO backlog Power1 0; var1 1 endon ON power1#state=1 DO backlog  var1 0 endon ON power1#state=0 DO  var1 1 endon

Rule3 1
Rule3 ON Switch1#State=2 Do Power2 %var1% endon ON Switch1#State=3 Do Power1 %var1% endon ON Switch1#State=2 Do Power1 %var1% endon

But then (I think) you can simplify further by removing the var1 changes in Rule2 which are repeated when Power1 changes state.

Backlog SetOption114 1; SwitchMode 8; SwitchTopic 0; rule1 1
Rule1

ON power2#state=1 DO RuleTimer1 180 ENDON (start ruler timer for 3 minutes)

ON Rules#Timer=1 DO Power2 0 ENDON (when rule timer expires switch off R2)

Rule2 1
Rule2

ON power2#state DO Power1 %value%  endon (when R2 changes state make light match it)

ON power1#state=1 DO  var1 0 endon (change var1 to inverse of light state)

ON power1#state=0 DO  var1 1 endon (change var1 to inverse of light state)

Rule3 1
Rule3

ON Switch1#State=2 DO  Power2 %var1%  endon (toggle R2)

ON Switch1#State=3 Do Power1 %var1% endon (toggle Light)

ON Switch1#State=2 Do Power1 %var1% endon (not sure if this is necessary – Light follows R2 anyway - or if it could be combined  with the first statement in this ruleset)

I know it’s me being pedantic but simplifying rules make it easier to change later if you need to.

Phil K

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jul 7, 2021, 6:34:50 AM7/7/21
to Philip Knowles, TasmotaUsers
Looks fine on paper, thank you for beeing pedantic. It satisfies the Inspector Monk inside me. :-)
Will try it in real life in the evening.

I think Rule3 needs the combination as you described.

Rule3
ON Switch1#State=2 DO backlog Power2 %var1%; Power1 %var1% endon

ON Switch1#State=3 Do Power1 %var1% endon

IMHO it is necessary for the following reason.
After toggle R2 to off variables look this way power1=0, power2= 0, var1 = 1
Next I toggle physical switch twice within 0,5sec, which means State3 and Power1 is switched on, var1 changes to 0, power2 stays 0.

If I want to switch off permanent light R1, I toggle switch once, State2. Power2 which is 0 stays 0, there is no update and power1 could not follow and was not switched off.
--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Markus Waldhauser
Styriastr. 29

Philip Knowles