Last Seen from zbBridge

Tam481

Apr 24, 2022, 12:51:21 PM4/24/22
to TasmotaUsers
Hello
Is it possible to report the last seen status of devices joined to a Sonoff zbBridge running Tasmota?

I am having issues with Aqara devices joined to a Sonoff zbBridge where Tasmota seems to report the battery as 100% all the time. It is only when devices stop reporting that I notice.

For example, I found on the interface a sensor that the zbBridge has not seen for 4 days but had reported the battery as 100% the last day before it stopped working so I am looking to get info directly from the last seen status of Tasmota to keep track so that I can at least check.

This seems to be a bug in Tasmota though.

Philip Knowles

Apr 24, 2022, 1:19:04 PM4/24/22
to Tam481, TasmotaUsers

This isn’t only a problem with Tasmota, Zigbee2MQTT has similar issues. It’s further complicated by repeaters in the mesh. It’s asking a lot for the ZbBridge to keep track of, potentially, 30-40+ devices.

I resolved it in openHAB by logging the time of the last MQTT message for that device. I also have an openHAB rule which flags up if a device hasn’t communicated for more than a hour. Temperature & Humidity sensors seem to be the worst as the temperature changes are often very slow moving.

Regards

Phil K

Sent from Mail for Windows