Gosund WB4 with Tasmota - flickering when dimmed

Road Lord

Apr 24, 2022, 5:47:23 PM4/24/22
to TasmotaUsers
Hello
I`ve eigth piecs of Gosund WB4 led bulb, which is flashed with Tasmota v 11.1. All of them has annoying problem - they flicker when are dimmed. Anything below 100% brightness, or CT cause the bulb to flash in random moments.
Is it because lack of hardware PWM support in ESP8285, or maybe different hardware problem (power supply)? I`ve tried to change settings in console, but nothing helped.
Did someone had similiar problem?

Philip Knowles

Apr 25, 2022, 3:29:59 AM4/25/22
to Road Lord, TasmotaUsers

Can you share you module configuration page?

Sent from Mail for Windows

Road Lord

Apr 25, 2022, 12:48:31 PM4/25/22
to TasmotaUsers
Are asking about template or full modul configuration dump?
Here is template:
{"NAME":"Gosund WB4","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,419,0,0,0,416,417,418,0,420,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

Philip Knowles

Apr 25, 2022, 4:33:11 PM4/25/22
to Road Lord, TasmotaUsers

Neither, the equivalent of this from the Configure Module page

Road Lord

Apr 26, 2022, 11:46:09 AM4/26/22
to TasmotaUsers
Hi,
Here you go:

wb4.jpg

Philip Knowles

Apr 26, 2022, 12:34:54 PM4/26/22
to Road Lord, TasmotaUsers

There are 2 versions of the WB4 on Blakadder. The Template you are using (Gosund NiteBird 8W 800lm RGBW Bulb (WB4)) has the following GPIO

GPIO04 PWM 4

GPIO12 PWM 1

GPIO13 PWM 2

GPIO14 PWM 3

GPIO16 PWM 5

The other version Gosund 8W 800lm RGBW Bulb (EUGS-WB4)) has a slightly different arrangement

GPIO04 PWM5

GPIO05 PWM4

GPIO12 PWM1

GPIO13 PWM2

GPIO14 PWM3

It may be worth trying the PWM5 on GPIO5 to see if it helps

Regards

Phil K

Sent from Mail for Windows

Apr 26, 2022, 4:15:19 PM4/26/22
to TasmotaUsers
It didn`t help.

Philip Knowles

Apr 26, 2022, 4:18:21 PM4/26/22
to Road Lord, TasmotaUsers

Did you deactivate the Template and enter the GPIO into the Configure Module page?

Road Lord

Apr 27, 2022, 12:30:14 PM4/27/22
to TasmotaUsers
Yes, i did that too. Nothing had changed.
Problem is only with white LEDs. In RGB mode i didnt noticed any flickering.
Here is how it looks like.
wb4.mp4

Philip Knowles

Apr 27, 2022, 1:42:05 PM4/27/22
to Road Lord, TasmotaUsers

I would start with an empty generic configuration and put 1 GPIO in at a time to see what happens. PWM4 and 5 are on different GPIOs so there should be a difference.

Road Lord

May 1, 2022, 3:09:09 PM5/1/22
to TasmotaUsers
Well, it didn`t help either
I also tried different tasmota versions, still no luck.

Philip Knowles

May 1, 2022, 3:15:55 PM5/1/22
to Road Lord, TasmotaUsers

It may not work but there should be a difference because PWM4 and PWM5 are on different GPIOs so one version shouldn’t work properly. The Template has been de-activated and you’ve entered in Generic haven’t you?