How to clear display in tasmota-32lvgl

Khurram

May 2, 2024, 2:53:19 PMMay 2
to TasmotaUsers
I am trying to output a sensor value using the lvgl library to the dispaly. I cannot figure out how to clear the display before outputting the current value.

Thanks

Justin Adie

May 2, 2024, 3:11:48 PMMay 2
to Khurram, TasmotaUsers
Not used lvgl on tasmota for a while.  But don't you just re-instantiate the internal object?

 lv.obj(0)

On Thu, 2 May 2024, 20:53 Khurram, <kfha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to output a sensor value using the lvgl library to the dispaly. I cannot figure out how to clear the display before outputting the current value.

Thanks

Stephan Hadinger

May 2, 2024, 4:03:53 PMMay 2
to TasmotaUsers
Please prefer Discord or Github discussion for these topics.

There is no command to clear the display in LVGL. It is system where you declare object displayed. Clearing the screen means removing all objects.
Alternatively you can also put a black rectangle in front of other objects to hide them.
Finally you can have different "screens" and move from one to another - this is what we do in HASPmota.

Generally speaking, using HASPmota is far easier than native LVGL:

Khurram

May 3, 2024, 3:48:34 AMMay 3
to TasmotaUsers
I did not know about HASPmota. I will take a look. Thanks.

Khurram

May 3, 2024, 3:23:03 PMMay 3
to TasmotaUsers
HASPmota seems much easier to use that lvgl. The HASPmota link posted above along with this discussion has really helped me.

Thanks