Flashing Tasmota via OTA, using a VM on my Macbook: how?

MacTasmota

Jul 27, 2021, 8:19:42 AM7/27/21
to TasmotaUsers

Hi all, this being my first posting I ask for some patience for some newbie questions. I got inspired by the Tasmota initiative, wanting to get away from manufacturer clouds to my own environment.

I use a Raspberry Pi 4 for my Home Assistant entity and even though it is just a week i am dealing with it, I’m getting my first integrations into place.

Now wanting to get away from Tuya, I have looked at Tasmota. i want to flash the Nous A1 WiFi plug as my first OTA Tasmota device, using Virtualbox on my Macbook Pro, using a Raspberry Pi virtual machine.

While the Raspi VM is running well, i can’t get the WiFi connection to work from within the VM, no matter which variant (NAT, bridged ethernet to eth0) i select: cant set the Macbook / VM to run in AP mode.

any ideas or solution at hand? Thx a lot in advance!

Philip Knowles

Jul 27, 2021, 10:12:11 AM7/27/21
to MacTasmota, TasmotaUsers

It’s worth looking at this page

Nous A1 Power Monitoring Plug Template for Tasmota (blakadder.com)

as new firmware may stop it being flashed OTA

There’s other ideas here

Tuya Convert - Tasmota

Sent from Mail for Windows 10