Tasmota Rule for AND logic

Automater

Jul 27, 2021, 3:21:36 AM7/27/21
to TasmotaUsers
Hi, I'm looking for a rule set to implement something like
IF stateA > 10 AND stateB < 5 THEN do something

Basically, I'm looking for a way to do combinbatory logic in tasmota rules. Any recommendations?

Philip Knowles

Jul 27, 2021, 4:33:46 AM7/27/21
to Automater, TasmotaUsers

If you don’t want to compile with the IF logic

On stateA>10 do backlog var1  1; power1 %var2% endon

On stateA<=10 do backlog var1 0; power1 0 endon

On stateB<5 do backlog var2 1; power1 %var1% endon

On stateB>=5 do backlog var2 0; power1 0 endon

You could also use events

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Automater

Jul 27, 2021, 5:11:16 AM7/27/21
to TasmotaUsers
Thanks for the hint. It seems as if compiling with IF logic is the more efficient way to go. It will be more readable, too.

Philip Knowles

Jul 27, 2021, 6:12:54 AM7/27/21
to Automater, TasmotaUsers

Watch for your ‘off’ logic - with the rules you can put some ‘hysteresis’ into the system to stop the system ‘bouncing’ – not as easy with IF... AND