Capacitve touch switch httm usage

Khurram

May 1, 2024, 10:30:19 AMMay 1
to TasmotaUsers
I would like to use this capacitve touch switch httm in 2 ways:

1) To follow the state of a relay.
2) To act as dimmer up and down buttons

Point 1:

I have configured the gpio as switch_d and pressing the httm switch toggles the relay as required. However, when I press the relay button in the web page, the httm switch state is not changed (the switch lights up when on and dims when off). How can I do this?

Point 2:

I have no idea how to do this with the httm switch. Is it even possible?

Thanks

Khurram

May 1, 2024, 1:56:18 PMMay 1
to TasmotaUsers
Point 1:

I believe that this link solves the problem if you can "hack" the switch and have a spare gpio. Unfortunately my switch seems a bit different from the one in the link.

Point 2:

I think this info can address this issue.

Justin Adie

May 1, 2024, 2:12:15 PMMay 1
to Khurram, TasmotaUsers
You don't need any special module to use as a capacitive switch.  The esp32 has lots of gpios that can be used as touch.  And obviously there are spare gpios to hook up to an led that can be programmed to follow the relay.  A capacitive switch is as simple as a piece of tin foil with wire soldered to the right gpio.

For the specifics of how to make tasmota work with -that- switch you would need to provide the schematic.  But I can't see how it can be done without extra wiring.

A dimmer is straightforward with capacitive touch.  However this module looks as though it latches.  So it could not be done without a second touch to unlatch.  Either way i can't say with any certainty without the schematic.

Khurram

May 1, 2024, 4:22:55 PMMay 1
to TasmotaUsers
According to this link, its behavior can be changed to non-latching. Thanks for your help.