OTA update not working

Manfred Amann

May 4, 2022, 6:13:30 AM5/4/22
to TasmotaUsers
I have 20+ Tasmota devices. Mostly with SW 10.1.0.

When I try to do an OTA it does not work.

The only way to update them without connecting them to a PC is to do a factory reset, then an update.

Now I have a few with 11.0.0 but the problem stays the same. One device was able to update to 11.1.0 the others not.

Is there a known solution to this problem?

Philip Knowles

May 4, 2022, 6:34:14 AM5/4/22
to Manfred Amann, TasmotaUsers

What error are you getting? Are you uploading minimal first?

Regards

Phil K

Sent from Mail for Windows

Manfred Amann

May 4, 2022, 7:04:04 AM5/4/22
to TasmotaUsers
I tried minimal and also compressed images.

I get no error messages. After some time the WebUI is available again and the SW is still unchanged.

Philip Knowles

May 4, 2022, 7:37:02 AM5/4/22
to Manfred Amann, TasmotaUsers

I presume you are using the ‘top’ option.

If you are put this url in the box

http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release/tasmota.bin.gz

I often struggle with getting that to work so I always use the 2 stage process at the bottom.

Download this first

http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release/tasmota-minimal.bin.gz

and then download the full file from the first url

Then choose the minimal file, wait for it to upload and reboot to minimal then upload the second file..

Manfred Amann

May 4, 2022, 7:49:12 AM5/4/22
to TasmotaUsers
Ok, I tried with 2 local files. First minimal, then normal and it worked.

Thanks.

It's not an optimal workflow but much better than a factory reset.