D1 mini and 2 switches via MQTT

speed master

Jul 18, 2021, 9:15:27 AM7/18/21
to TasmotaUsers
I am total newbie to Tasmota and am failing to handle an es easy job like:

* I have 2 reed-switches connected to D7(GPIO13) and D8 (GPIO15) configured as switch1 and switch2 (in tasmota-moduleConfig-Generic18) - same in templateConfig
* I did switchmode1 1 and switchmode2 1
* console shoes me for both switches:
         stat/tasmota_7C98C5/RESULT = {"POWER":"ON"}
         stat/tasmota_7C98C5/POWER = ON
* I see no SENSOR_Switch1 or SENSOR_SWITCH2 change!

what do I need to do to simply fire a MQQT status for each switch?

Philip Knowles

Jul 18, 2021, 11:31:03 AM7/18/21
to speed master, TasmotaUsers

Read this page – detach switches

Buttons and Switches - Tasmota

You don’t mention pullup resistors (which you need to ensure reliable operation). 4k7 resistor between 3V3 and the GPIO.

Regards

Phil K

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

speed master